Citroen TV programme tonight 31/01

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

The program was quite informative but a real shame that nothing was mentioned in detail about the AX to Xantia range, and slightly boring as im only 20 too :cry:

Mondeo Mondeo Mondeo.....Citroen bad Citroen bad....have to start thinking differently now :(
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

mezuk04 wrote:The program was quite informative but a real shame that nothing was mentioned in detail about the AX to Xantia range, and slightly boring as im only 20 too :cry:

Mondeo Mondeo Mondeo.....Citroen bad Citroen bad....have to start thinking differently now :(
Goffey isn't the most entertaining presenter that's for sure. That'd be my criticism of the program actually - even if he does own a Traction Avant himself.

If Hammond or May or even Clarkson with their wit and enthusiasm had presented the program it'd have fired up everyone's interest in the past glories of Citroen easily - this history IS something other car manufacturers only dream of and would give their eye teeth for.

Instead Citroen's glorious past had a boring monlogue with only short interviews with the genuine enthusiasts being alowed to inject some spark into proceedings.

Don't say that an Sm Ds Cx is boring though!! The presenation to those that haven't seen tv footage or better still experienced the real things WAS though! Didn't really do them justice...

BTW, I was in my early 20's when I owned half a dozen Gs/Cx's and had already managed to drive a Ds and Sm...

Today I've got the Citroenitis bug very badly!! :wink:
Andrew
zzf00l
My Cars:

Post by zzf00l »

Can you imagine the trouncing that Clarkson would administer ....... very amusing television i am sure .... but hardly factual. I think that a programme presented by an obvious enthusiast is far more interesting factually albeit delivered in a manner not to everones taste.

Wish we could have had a more detailed look into those museum cars, engines interiors etc.... they looked mint. Certainly worth a drive over to Paris for a looksee.
Sutton Coldfield, West Mids
Xantia V6 Exclusive (2000
Xantia 1.9TD SX (2000)
Previously owned
Xantia V6 Exclusive (97)
XM V6 Exclusive (95)
AX 1.4
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

zzf00l wrote:Can you imagine the trouncing that Clarkson would administer ....... very amusing television i am sure .... but hardly factual. I think that a programme presented by an obvious enthusiast is far more interesting factually albeit delivered in a manner not to everones taste.

Wish we could have had a more detailed look into those museum cars, engines interiors etc.... they looked mint. Certainly worth a drive over to Paris for a looksee.
Clarkson perhaps! Although he will recognise & respect a good design; a machine that has honest engineering & design. On the other hand, James May definately likes Citroens, I've read his stuff from years back.

Citroen REALLY should open the museum to paying visitors. They exhibit some of it's cars in a small venue on the Champs Elyses at Hippo Citroen.

Andrew
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Citroen History

Post by ACTIVE8 »

I managed to see the programme, and found it interesting, and informative. As Chris Goffey is a Citroen enthusiast it was presented well, and would certainly inform the general public about the history of the cars we like. I really enjoyed seeing the history of the company, and looking back at it's achievements, but it would have been good to see more of the history about the recent models. They could have made it a two part programme so as to cover the history, and models in a more comprehensive way.

Thanks to _kid_ for posting the information, so forum members would know it's on. :)

Apparently it's now being repeated today, as I type this post in on 1st February between 11.00hrs & 12.00hrs.

NOTE

If you want to record a copy of the programme it is also repeated on 2nd February between 14.00hrs & 15.00hrs. This will be the last current repeat so set your machine to catch it ! :D
Quackers
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5 3.0 V6 Exclusive + Navi
2009 Citroen C6 2.7 V6 Exclusive + Lounge Pack
2007 Citroen C5 2.2 (173) Exclusive + Navi
2000 Citroen Xantia Activa

Post by Quackers »

Finally watched the program, i think it was not long enough. If they had gone into more detail on the later cars it could easly be 3 hours.

I was dissapointed with the few seconds on the Xantia Activa, they could have at least showed one off cornering.

I hope somebody else makes a Citroen documentry.
andmcit
My Cars:

Re: Citroen History

Post by andmcit »

ACTIVE8 wrote:I managed to see the programme, and found it interesting, and informative. As Chris Goffey is a Citroen enthusiast it was presented well, and would certainly inform the general public about the history of the cars we like. I really enjoyed seeing the history of the company, and looking back at it's achievements, but it would have been good to see more of the history about the recent models. They could have made it a two part programme so as to cover the history, and models in a more comprehensive way.
In fairness, you simply CANNOT mention Citroen's history in 40 mins WITHOUT covering the key landmarks, Traction > 2CV > DS - there's just SOOO much to say!

I'd have loved to have actually seen more on the Sm > GS > CX never mind the Bx > Xm > Xantia but these only had a few seconds mention too. And what about the Prototypes and show cars that live in that museum...They could easily produce a series with a decade a programme. Not going to happen unless the Audi channel is joined by a Cit version on Sky...

Andrew
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Re: Citroen History

Post by ACTIVE8 »

andmcit wrote:
ACTIVE8 wrote:I managed to see the programme, and found it interesting, and informative. As Chris Goffey is a Citroen enthusiast it was presented well, and would certainly inform the general public about the history of the cars we like. I really enjoyed seeing the history of the company, and looking back at it's achievements, but it would have been good to see more of the history about the recent models. They could have made it a two part programme so as to cover the history, and models in a more comprehensive way.
In fairness, you simply CANNOT mention Citroen's history in 40 mins WITHOUT covering the key landmarks, Traction > 2CV > DS - there's just SOOO much to say!

I'd have loved to have actually seen more on the Sm > GS > CX never mind the Bx > Xm > Xantia but these only had a few seconds mention too. And what about the Prototypes and show cars that live in that museum...They could easily produce a series with a decade a programme. Not going to happen unless the Audi channel is joined by a Cit version on Sky...

Andrew
I agree about featuring the landmark cars, and seeing them in great detail, that was VERY interesting. :)

The later, and recent history, and models should also have been the subject of a seperate programme.

The current models are in a showroom, and therefore can be seen now anywhere, so it's a shame that they were featured more at the end than the recent models.
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Mandrake wrote:
andmcit wrote:It was OK. Any programme on the gogglebox that even mentions the 'C' word has got to be good.

So you know now what you're going to do now then....?

http://tinyurl.com/9ttk4

or more realistically...

http://tinyurl.com/8ldhx

:wink:
Andrew
Hmm,

An Activa which is not red. Heresay! 8)

Regards,
Simon
Ok Simon...

http://tinyurl.com/7m88e

Have a nice day.... :wink:

Andrew
sooty
My Cars:

Post by sooty »

Stewart(oily) wrote:On the subject of freevier TV is anyone else experiencing picture breakup during the current high pressure weather?
Stewart :cry:
I've got Sky, everything is OK. No matter how high the pressure maybe. :lol: 8)
Ex 307 2.0Hdi 90 bhp 2003
Ex Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 2008
Ex Vauxhall Insignia SRI 2.0 CDTi 2010
C4 Picasso 1.6 HDi VTR+ 2014
lighteninguk

Post by lighteninguk »

well an interestin program definatly... what publicity stunts they did back in the day... a bus full of people resting on the roof of a car to prove how safe it was..... immense!!!

although i do agree about easily another program would be needed to fill the more "modern" cars information, ownin a zx all i saw of a zx was the desert rally version, looked impressive but you could only see the zx if you looked closely....

interesting all the same!!
ZX 1.4I 1993 Reflex KDX