xantia activa - upgrades?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Harlequin wrote:actually

anders - what specifically is the problem with putting the 16v head on teh CT bottom end?
As I wrote above : its a time waster :?
You dont seem to understand that a turbo fitted 8valve wont gain anything fitting a 16valve head instead.
The turbo more than out-rates the effect of more valves.
Never wondered why so many series produced turbo propelled cars are only 8valve engines ?

The best you can do is turning up-up-up the turbo boost and remap the injection accordingly. You will of course put a lot of extra strain onto your engine, meaning the virgin trip of your "final" upped engine - may very well also be the last trip - for that engine :wink:
- but BOY what a joy ride :twisted:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

anders - what specifically is the problem with putting the 16v head on teh CT bottom end?
You dont seem to understand that a turbo fitted 8valve wont gain anything fitting a 16valve head instead.
Never wondered why so many series produced turbo propelled cars are only 8valve engines ?

The best you can do is turning up-up-up the turbo boost and remap the injection accordingly. You will of course put a lot of extra strain onto your engine, meaning the virgin trip of your "final" upped engine - may very well also be the last trip - for that engine :wink:
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

deh
Harlequin
Donor 2023
My Cars: Xantia Activa - one day I`ll own her again! Also miss my `old` 405 GLx4
2005 C5 3 Litre V6 Exclusive in Mauritius Blue and my 1997 Xantia Exclusive V6

Post by Harlequin »

i guess then theres not a huge problem to doing it?