Good home wanted for Xantia TD VSX

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

fatBoyfat

Good home wanted for Xantia TD VSX

Post by fatBoyfat »

I have just put down a deposit on a 52 reg Picasso SX and the main agent wasn't really interested in taking my Xantia in P/X. I was hoping for £350 but if anyone would like to make me a reasonable offer they could have a bargain.

It's a 95 TD VSX hatch in metallic green,115k and everything works fine,few stone chips/trolley dinks etc, but it's recently started using water from a coolant leak I haven't found.I need to keep it till I get the Pic on 13/1 but after that you could drive it away.

Last MOT all it need was 2 tyres ( oh yeah, cit alloys too)and should sail through in March.

Loads more life yet, keep it out of the clutches of a main agent who'll doubtless tart it up for £100 and knock it out for £850.

I'm in Southend,Essex mail me on pd.huxtable@btinternet.com.
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Yes please!! <waving hand in the air>

A good pal of mine is looking for a green VSX TD at the moment. Can he call you to discuss buying it - if you're up for that just give me your number through the Yahoo instant messenger option [PERSONAL MAIL OR E-MAIL OPTION BELOW]

More info would be really useful?

How bad is the water leak and has it affected the engine's running at all!? Obviously concerns about the cooling system & the head gasket will be a concern here so more gen will be very helpful... :?

Andrew
fatBoyfat

Post by fatBoyfat »

Hi Andrew
the water leak needs topping up every 100 miles or so,theres no adverse effects to the engine as far as I can tell. as i said,I'm not sure what is leaking, but I think it may be a dripping water pump. Otherwise it's pretty good nick.
fatBoyfat

Post by fatBoyfat »

Don't think it's a head gasket - I did a pressure test suggested by someone else on the forum, and also no mayo on the filler cap. There are brown watery stains around the water pump end of the engine (and onto the inner wings).I've done a couple of hundred miles this week and as long as I topped up it's been OK. The insurance runs out next Friday though,and I collect my Picasso on Friday too and I can't afford the insurance on both.
Like I said earlier,I'd like £350 but I'm open to sensible offers.
fatBoyfat

Post by fatBoyfat »

Should have mentioned it's got a towbar (electrics untested by me), sunroof but no air con