Volcane dampers - Which ones standard

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

robsons

Volcane dampers - Which ones standard

Post by robsons »

Happy New Years guys

After having found a axle recon supplier thanks to you guys I'm going to fix up everything else too.

What were the original Volcane shocks? I'm not after after market ones as it's pretty stiff anyway and the handling was sweet as standard. Also I'm going to do the all the bushes.

Are the GFS ones as good as Citroen? and if I'm going to have to guess which ones to buy in in advance - which ones should they be?

The car is a TD Volcane 1996 and has 100K - Everything is original - Only P bushes have been changed so far despite my 70K worth of thrashings.

and yes it does wander now :(
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Have a good look at the GSF on-line shop as i think there is a coding system which tells you if the parts they are selling are made by an OE supplier.

It always used to be reckoned that manufacturers cut corners on things like shock absorbers and that reputable after market ones were often better.
jeremy
robsons

Post by robsons »

You're probably right - tho' I'm hoping the Volcane was better.

Anyone know how good the GSF bushes are? -
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

The bushes are quite expensive, the front set I've seen priced at £25 per side. The rears are £10odd per side iirc.
My zx failed its MOT on its rear mounts, they had come apart, and to be honist I could tell any differance, until they were chaged, then everything tightened up.