Xantia clutch cable clip

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sick as a parrot

Post by sick as a parrot »

Thanks for the info and i thought the £400 was a bit steep but ile try the new clip and if it goes again ile shop round for a better price on a new clutch.thanks.paul.
Oystercatcher
My Cars:

Post by Oystercatcher »

My clip went in May '03 at 78k. I've now done 120k...... the replacements are much stronger :D

Took about 40 minutes. On mine there was enough clearance to get the bolt out when I removed the brake spring/plunger assembly.

Alan
'98 Xantia TD SX 123K - Gone! - Now a Citroen-free zone :(
Wanted another Hydro Cit, didn't want a C5, can't afford a C6..... Yet :)
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Someone made a metal clip to replace the plastic one I think?? :? I can't remember who it was, :oops: but am sure they sold a few to other forum members at the time?? Anyone recall the persons name - details?? :)
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Oystercatcher wrote:... done 120k...... the replacements are much stronger :D ...
Think Alan meant the genuine spare part 8)
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

James.UK wrote:Someone made a metal clip to replace the plastic one I think?? :? .
I have one of these - and no I wont part with it. I will try and find out who made it again.
Certainly very robust.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

yes but by fitting one of these heavy duty conectors wont that make something else brake,because it will put the strain on another component
regards malcolm
john alexander
My Cars:

Post by john alexander »

Hi ,I cant remember who makes the metal clips but they can be ordered from SCOTROEN EDINBURGH I think the phone no is 01316670602. Regards John.
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

wont that make something else brake
If everything was designed properly, then yes.
But in that case, they'd have put shear pins on the camshafts so that a broken timing belt wouldn't do so much harm, used LEDs or vibration-resistant lamps in the instrument panel, used waterproof connectors for ABS sensors etc. :D