PSA Autoboxes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

And of course the best gearbox I've ever used is ...............................................................

A BVH Citroen DS fitted with a manual 4spd gearbox where *hydraulic* do the donkey work of pushing the clutch in, selecting the gear and releasing the clutch. All the goodness of a manual gearbox (you still change the gears manually with a small wand ontop of the steering column), but no torque converter.

There not particually fast off the line (ie: they never got really good 0-62mph times) mainly because you can't rev the sh!t out of and side step the clutch to launch... However on the roll no manually shifted gearbox could beat the BVH around a twisty bit of road :D

I WANT ONE !!!!!!!!

seeya,
Shane L.
'96 Big BX 2.1TD exclusive slugomatic (aka XM)
'85 CX2500 GTi Turbo Series II (whoo hooo)
'96 Xantia VSX slugomatic (sold !!)
and of course, lots of old Citroens, slowly rusting away in pieces ;)
FrenchLeave
My Cars:

Post by FrenchLeave »

Rossnunn, as you said, small world.

There aren't many black V reg XMs about, if you see one it's almost certain to be me, give us a wave! Or if you fancy a short drive you'll find me in Littlemoor Lane, off the A16, last house on the right before you come to the bank road.

The compliments of the season to all of you.

Derek

PS Yeuch, I've just read your other post - looks like you're not going anywhere!