New (sort of) member

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Sorry to ramble on, but I am still very excited bout owning a CX
No need to apologise, CX's always make me feel like that.
The Xantia maybe going in Feb to be replaced with a 2CV
You have got it bad :-)
Good idea though in my opinion, if you need any 2CV advice, just ask, i know a little :-)
"Rust Never Sleeps" said Neil Young. Did he own old citroens?
1998 Xantia TD exclusive auto estate +3 x BX's +77' ami 8 break + 73' dyane 6 + '83 2CV6 + 94' XM 2.1 sx auto + 89' XM2.0i
+ '85' GSA + '97 XM 2.0 16v + '81 Visa super E
Rob81
My Cars:

Post by Rob81 »

Cheers Stinkwheel - I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions - and yes, I have got it very bad unfortunately....

Four of my first five cars were 2CV (the other was a brown Visa diesel) and I miss them a lot. After the 2CV's, i was charmed by diesel BX's and Xantias. (I'm not sure why I suddenly changed from 2CV's to BX's but think it may have been after an unpleasant incident when a very scary, very large, and as it later turned out, a supporter of Nazi ideals, flatmate got stuck in the back of my knackered Charleston)

My job involves a fair amount of round town driving and I really think a 2CV will be ideal, although I'm not sure my workmates would be very impressed (I had a colleague ask me why I had two "old bangers" when I could sell them both and get a nice little micra like hers!).

The 2CV I'd be buying belongs to my mum - she has driven them all my life and does 20K + miles a year in hers! It's that lovely dusty blue colour and seems a good one. My mum has also spent vast amounts of money maintaining it, which must be a bonus!

Today, I'm going to wash the CX (again) and try to reattach the sagging headlining. Then I might just sit in the CX and look at the lovely view over the bonnet!
Citroen C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Tourer
Peugeot Boxer 2.8 HDi Camper (conversation)

Previously;
Lots of Citroens including 2CVs, Dyane, Acadiane, Bx, Activa, XM CX and Picasso