Bypass the Heater Matrix?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

keefy21m

Re: Bypass the Heater Matrix?

Post by keefy21m »

Hi there, this happened to my ZX last year, a mechanic told me to get a bottle of stuff called K seal from my motor factor. Bit expensive at over £8 for a small bottle, it did the trick and never had any more trouble, I sold the car to my mate in August and he has not had any trouble either.
I am not saying it will work as it depends on how big the leak is, but got to be worth a go. Hope you go on ok.

Keith
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

I second Stewerts (oily) comment. It's far too long and involved a job to risk putting a s/hand one in! You may have to do it all again in a few weeks if you risk that.. :shock: :roll: For the £30 involved, it's far better to get a good quality new matrix from a reputable company.. :D :)

On my old "S" type Jag, I cut a hole in the boot to get access to the handbrake diskpads, (inboard disks) rather than drop the whole back axle. :roll: I then cut a larger piece from the boot of a scrap Jag and used self tappers to fix it over the hole I had made in my car boot. this worked very well.. :D Would it be possible to do something similar in the case of accessing a ZX matrix? :?:
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Post by Stewart(oily) »

James you butcher :D :D Unfortunately on the ZX the hole would have to be where the engine is.
Stewart
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Heh, heh, hello Stewart. :D Nah, I meant on the inside of the car! :roll: The console is only made of thin plastic? An educated hack saw should give rapid access, and a bit of super glue and some blue-tac should make it as good as new when the jobs finished. :shock: :-) .. lol..
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Post by Stewart(oily) »

Nice idea James I think was possible on Cxs using a cardboard template telling you where to cut , but on the ZX the matrix is right up against the bulkhead, its the last bit to come off :x , my mate Mr Fixit attempted to do a 306 one without removing everything, sort of loosening things off then reaching around it all, everything was going well when sproing! all of the heater control thingies cables etc fell to bits! resulting in a kind of super complicated lego technic kit that had to be assembled blindfold :(
there were still some bits left over at the end :)
Stewart
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.