C5 Blower

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

JohnnyM

C5 Blower

Post by JohnnyM »

2001 C5 2.2HDI - Blower is intermittent, it will come on then cut off. Tried hitting the A/C button but it won't stay on either. Tried finding any loose connections, but failed miserably. Any suggestions?

:cry: Johnny
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I am afraid the C5 is to new for me, but if it is the same system as used on the earlier Citroens, the motor is transistor regulated and the problem usually caused by failure of the transistors which were mounted on the blower itself.
JohnnyM

C5 blower

Post by JohnnyM »

Are they easy to get at and change?
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I can only tell you how the XM and also I think the Xantia is arranged. The fan is located above the passenger side (RHD) foot well. Remove the panel and the motor is held in with three screws, remove these and unplug the leads and the motor assy will drop out. The transistors are located on a metal plate mounted on the motor. As I say this is the XM arrangement , yours could be similar or not.
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Once you have located the fan unit, you can try kicking it (no, I'm not joking!) gently, as this often gets them going on XM's and Xantias. If this helps, then the carbon brushes have worn down. They can be replaced with a bit of DIY. I won't bother telling you anymore until you have confirmed the fault.

//NiSk
fatboyslimfast

Post by fatboyslimfast »

The rheostat for the heater is on the right hand side of the heater box in the drivers footwell - it is behind the trim at the bottom of the steering coloumn and has two green connectors on it. Check it for water corrosion (from a leaky winscreen scuttle).