Xantia driveshafts

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andmcit
My Cars:

Xantia driveshafts

Post by andmcit »

With thanks to a suggestion by Peter.N. I'm hoping to crack an ABS problem I'm encountering at the moment on my 2.0i VSX saloon.

To recap for anyone that hasn't read another thread - over 15mph the light comes on and stays on until I restart the car.

I've checked the resistance through the ABS ECU feed pins and the four sensors read correctly. Originally I thought it was a sensor and had a headache trying to find which one's breaking out at speed - when I undo the connectors [on the ECU or the sensor] to get a reading it resets the ECU and the pins out of the sensors show all is OK.

Now whilst I had some engine work done I also changed the offside driveshaft for one I was led to believe was an identical spec one; suffice to say I didn't compare the pair THAT closely before fitting the other one!!

I cannot get registered on parts.pr.net [or whatever it's called] to check out the differences from Citroen so am wondering if the ABS ring teeth are different and are in fact the problem!

Before I rip the car apart I first need to know what driveshaft I'm after and confirm whether this is in fact the problem I have.

Any other further ideas comments [please don't be offended Peter!] will be of great help - + does anyone have access to citroen's data on these things?

Andrew
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

What year is your Xant and do you know which model the replacement driveshaft came from? There is an internet supplier over here i Sweden who has pretty comprehensive details of spare parts.

www.widik.se

If you select "drivaxel komplett" "citroen" and your cars year then press the >> button you will get a list of all the citroen driveshafts they stock. Select your Xant model and you get a list of the various driveshaft available for that year. If you then enter the "Artikelnr." from the driveshaft you are interested in in the OEM/Artikelnummer field at the top of the page a press the adjacent >> you will get a list of all the vehicles to which that driveshaft is fitted - pretty nafty!
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Thanks NiSk.

I'm guessing the language a bit I'm afraid so is Vänster and Höger left and right? What I've picked up is the reference to the ABS ring and 29 and 48 - are these the teeth number!?

There's a reference to the 48 teeth on the GSF driveshaft listing too...

I wonder :?

Andrew
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I wont be offended, I just wont talk to you any more!

Yes I think it is the number of teeth that makes the difference, only when I fitted the wrong drive shaft my ABS packed up altogether. I am sure someone will be able to tell you how to identfy the correct one. I hope I was right. :(