“Customer Service” ?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroen “Customer Service” - Quality?

Poll ended at 18 Nov 2005, 00:10

Very good
6%
Good
11%
Average
17%
Below Average
39%
Poor
28%

Total votes: 18

fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

find out where the service manager lives, and see if you can drive past his house every morning on the way to work, and make the brakes squeal as you pass him.

Do this every day for a week, and he'll be begging you to give him the car to fix it!
This is not a signature.
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

fastandfurryous wrote:
bxbodger wrote:they don't like old BX's parked out front :oops: -next time i'll go in the Vitesse :evil:
They're even less receptive to CX's, apparently. I was asked to move mine when I parked it amongst the new cars at a dealer. Granted, I was parked in their "show" area, but, as I pointed out, there was nowhere else available.

Mr. Greasy-haired sales manager was not impressed when it attracted more than a few interested parties nosing over it, aparently ignoring the brand-spanking new C3's it was parked amongst :lol: :lol:
When I parked my wife's Dyane to get a part for the BX at the local dealer, the salesmen wanted me to leave it on show in their showroom!
Mike in West Yorks
1982 GSA Pallas
1982 Dyane
1997 ZX Dimension
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

terrymills wrote:STILL the brakes squeal.
The original rear pads on my Xantia squealed badly, and even wetting them didn't cure it.
They told me it was the composition of the pads.
When they needed replacing, the replacement ones didn't squeal any more.
There must be some types of pads that they use while the car is under warranty.
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

Well i must admit to being very impressed with Citroen Customer Service, though it depends entirely on where you go!

The old Wirral based dealer (Cubbin and North of Bebbington) where nothing short of miraculous! Those guys did a lot of good work for the cars in our family and while not cheap they often did a lot of favours for us. For example someone pranged the then new AX of my mothers in a car park, it was that new the intention was to get a quote and have the insurance cover it. We got there and after a brief word with one fo the guys, they came out and spent a good hour buffing out the scratches getting it back to perfection, not bad, but better since we didnt even buy the car from that dealer!

Another example, the old BX had many issues and the same garage spent years trying to resolve the problems (and never did) and eventually got so fed up with not getting things sorted they started doing free regular services (including stamping the book) just to keep an eye on the problems!

Best one yet is the same AX had a problem where the tail gate was slowly shifting to one side of the car. My dad contacted Citroen UK who liased with the dealer and came out and inspected the car. It was many years out of guarantee but they agreed that it was a manufacturing fault and agreed to pay for the dealer to fully repair the problem (must admit its come back again, though 5 years later isnt bad!), there was no arguement or bartering, it just took a little time!

Unfortunately Cubbin and North had the franchise bought out by Windsors of Wallasey who are more concerned with selling cars than anything, there parts department are good, but you should try Caledonia Citroen in chester! They really push the boat out! They will happily lend you a car for a day or a weekend pretty much at the drop of a hat, great if you need to check it fits in the garage. And if you dont have the time to take it back yourself, then by arrangement they will deliver and collect it, 150% service! The two parts guys really know there stuff too, often they know the part number and better still they understand my descriptions of the round thing that goes on the twirly thing. All the staff are super friendly and pretty much all of them have time for a chat! The bi polar of that is Arnold Clark Citroen Liverpool who really dont want to know, there rude and arrogant and it seems to be a running trend through all of Arnold Clark!

Strangely the best place for random Citroen parts tends to be the local pug dealer, so long as you get the right guy then he'll really work on finding the right parts and knows a million other place to try if its too expensive or not in stock!

God to say i LOVE Citroen Customer Service! I've had loads of other excellent dealing with Citroen UK as well, put there another story!
terrymills

Post by terrymills »

I am sure that there are a lot of very good dealers out there.

The trouble is when things go wrong with a dealer, who do you turn to?
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

Trading standards.

They can actually be quite helpful.
This is not a signature.
j_roc

Post by j_roc »

Can't say that I have had any experience of Citroen sales (i.e new car's), but the after sales (i.e part's) Bassets in South Wales (Swansea and Carmarthen) are quite good - much better than the local Ford dealer - Days of South Wales, and the Rover dealer - Stratstone (nee paramount) are both pathetic. 12 monkeys would do a better job. Rant over - Alex.