BX 16TRS

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ayden
My Cars:

BX 16TRS

Post by ayden »

Got my eyes on the above gonna get rid of the 405 and see what happens would like to know good and bad points about the above model cheers guys :D
85 ' 305 SRD estate - scrapped
92 ' Fiat uno speed machine - scrapped
00 ' Citroen synergie HDI "the beast" - still going. . . . just
94' cavalier
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

why a petrol BX as they drink juice like its going out of fashion,apart from that they are a very good car,diesels are beter
regards malcolm
ayden
My Cars:

Post by ayden »

well im assuming but correct me if im wrong but is the 1600 engine the same as the 1600 engine in a 405 ?? if it is my 405 doesnt drink much petrol i can quite happily get about 40mpg in it doing 80 !
85 ' 305 SRD estate - scrapped
92 ' Fiat uno speed machine - scrapped
00 ' Citroen synergie HDI "the beast" - still going. . . . just
94' cavalier
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

I've owned a couple of 16Trs manuals and a mate of mine just bought an auto.
The manuals will go around 10L/100 klms around town and 7.2L/100 klms on highway cycle when tuned correctly.
Good points; very comfortable suspension, possibly the best of the BXs, ultra reliable, cheap to buy and cheap to maintain.

Bad points: Switches particularly trafficators tend to stuff up and are hard to buy but can be easily fixed with a bit of patience, garages have a habit of leaving a few hoses to the breathing off and this causes fuel consumption issues, if they haven't been run on a good coolant and regularly had it changed, they can rot holes in the block.
One of the boys on the BX16V club had one with a bit of history to it that he used whilst his car was off the road and is presently trying to sell it. He like me was impressed with the car overall.

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

The performance quoted for the BX16 is in fact very good for a car of its size and is I think a bit better than the Turbo-diesel. The engine is also much lighter tha the iron blocked diesels and so there's that much less load on the front which could well make for a better drive as well as allowing softer riding spheres to be used.

I'm sure Anders can tell you all about them having a 16 and currently working on a TD Estate.
jeremy
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Actually my turd has been on the road for some 3 months now - but still a mess on wheels :oops: although the major things are in A1 working condition.

Let there be no doubts : the 1600 petrol engine can in no way stand up to the 1700turbo diesel engine in my turd.
The turd is incredible at rpm's around 2500 and above. Overtaking on the highway is fast and fun. Those road owners who think they drive safely with a distance of 10mm to my rear bumper are clearly surprised when I finally get my free road ahead and floor the pedal ...

You dont do that with the 16 petrol. It is definately a lot more "standard" car to drive, but in no way a sedate car.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image