C5 Headlight Upgrade?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

johnway
My Cars:

C5 Headlight Upgrade?

Post by johnway »

Hello,
Can anybody recommend a safe upgrade/improvement of the standard headlamp bulbs on my 2002 C5? I am getting so befuddled by the different eBay bulbs being offered!! I am not interested in any conversion kits, by the way.
Many thanks,
John.
My chariots : 2002 Pug 406 110 HDI Executive Estate 138K
1995 Citroen AX 1.0 Debut 26K
I Blame it all on my Dad!! (Sadly had to give up driving & his 2nd BX) but Mum still has a C1.
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

I find Osram Cool Blue very good on my Frontera regarding the standard ones, so why not on the C5?
Please report back when you have new lamps on it, as i might change mine then O:)

Cheers!
Francisco
C5 2.0HDI smoothly riding on 1.8l version spheres :D
When the hearts beats like a pressure regulator you know it means one thing: Love
Citroën - pacemaking since 1955
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Osram Silver Star.Best bulbs i`ve ever had.Vast improvement over standard bulbs,a good clear beam on the road ahead.A slight white colour to them.
Check out the link
http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... ight+bulbs
:)
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k
p20

Post by p20 »

Got Osram silverstars fitted to my Xantia and they are good. Had the Philips equivalent fitted to my old Astra, equally as good. Not cheap at £20ish but worth it.
307SW HDi 110
Sir Clive

Post by Sir Clive »

I have the Osram Silverstars in my C5, and they are a big improvement over standard bulbs. I do a lot of driving along dark country lanes, and need plenty of light. Of course if you're feeling that your wallet weighs too much you could always try:
http://www.hids4u.co.uk/default.asp
Or you could try and get the genuine discharge lamp units from a breakers/ebay, but finding a working pair could be problematical :wink:
johnway
My Cars:

C5 Headlight Upgrade?

Post by johnway »

Hello,
Thanks for all your help, people - I have chosen Osram Silver Star. I have more question on this subject - my headlamps have XO3 H7 H4 labelled on them. The dipped bulbs are H4, so does this mean that the main beams are H7 and the fog lights are X03? All comments welcome!!
Many thanks,
John.
My chariots : 2002 Pug 406 110 HDI Executive Estate 138K
1995 Citroen AX 1.0 Debut 26K
I Blame it all on my Dad!! (Sadly had to give up driving & his 2nd BX) but Mum still has a C1.
brian.r.uk

Post by brian.r.uk »

hi john.i've recently changed the bulbs in my C5 for osram silverstar and found the cheapest place was www.conumabulbs.com.they deliver next day post free.i phoned the order and the person at the other end was very helpful. :lol: cheers brian
brian.r.uk

Post by brian.r.uk »

sorry about the link it is www.consumabulbs.com
brian
Sir Clive

Post by Sir Clive »

On the C5, the outer, single filament bulbs are the ones on all the time, in effect your dipped beam. ISTR they are H7's.
The inner, twin filament bulbs are H4's. The dip filaments on these are used as the front fogs, and the main beam filament is, well, the main beam :D
So you will need a pair of H7 bulbs, and a pair of H4 bulbs to do the job.
They are also a right PITA to change in my experience.