ZX 1.9D Sunroof leak

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

blackknight

ZX 1.9D Sunroof leak

Post by blackknight »

Does anyone know where the leak off pipes from the ZX sunroof escape to?
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

im sure they will br simaler to BXs rears come out in behind the rear lamp units, fronts go down inside the A pilers and you gain access to them from in the car behind the trim panel beside front foot wells,once you have found all 4 open roof fully,close sun blind,and with an air line blow up the drain tubes which will unblock the drain holles in the gully on the top of the head linning
regards malcolm
citroenbx

Post by citroenbx »

Just a TIP i read on the Forum...To save you searching.
Some else had the same problem and managed to clear the drain pipes with an bicycle inner brake cable wire pushed gently down each outlet.
Hope this helps.....
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

the problem doing it that way is you push the dirt further down,dispite what others say it dose not collect dirt from the road as the ends of the drain pipes do not terminate under the wheel arches,i have done this job quite a few times on my customers cars
regards malcolm
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

Actually, every blocked drain I've ever experienced (which is a fair few, on a variety of cars) has been due to road wash / mud thrown up into the ends of the drain tubes, as they often do terminate in the wheelarches. I usually use a length of 0.8mm welding wire poked down from the sunroof drain tubes, if only to locate where the drains are in the wheelarch.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

they may do on other makes of cars but all the BXs and XANTS i have ever wored on they dont regards malcolm