Lot of car for the money!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pie eater
My Cars:

Lot of car for the money!

Post by pie eater »

Bit the bullet and sold one of my Xantia's - Broke my heart, really, to see it go. 2.1TD SX, been dead reliable and a felt a lot faster than the HDI 90 that I got for 'er indoors.[:(]
Anyway, did a bit of shopping on t'internet, saw a 2.2HDI exclusive with 46k on it, full history and from the main stealer. Less than six thousand pounds, and I've had it two weeks now. A LOT bigger inside than the Xantia, very comfy with armrests on the front chairs, brilliantly smooth and quiet engine, cruise, climate, 6 cd changer etc etc. Suspension full of electrickery, but still a brill ride.[:)]
Very pleased, but the dealer really made a meal of the buying process - Anything that could have gone wrong did go wrong, including me running out of diesel less than a mile from the garage, then having to go back to have the service indicator reset.[:(!][:(!]
And it's doing, according to't computer, over 40mpg. Although I must admit, the Xantia HDI 90 seems to run for ever on a tankful.
Smashin' forum by the way - kept me busy for ages (sad I know - so I'm off to't pub now, tara!)[:D]
pie eater
My Cars:

Post by pie eater »

Forgot - It's a C5![:I]
bbrucez
My Cars:

Post by bbrucez »

An exclusive - well done. Wish I had waited a bit longer instead of grabbing my bargain SX which has still managed to plummet in value!
Memory seat adjustment would be nice as it's a pain getting it right after O/H has used it!
You should get an indicated 45mpg but actual probably 10% less.
Very nice ride and sport setting useful on twisty roads.
Am I alone in liking the shape?
kafkaian

Post by kafkaian »

Good on you pie eater. Enjoy your experience. I'm looking for similar