Xsara central locking unit.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ubg43
My Cars:

Xsara central locking unit.

Post by ubg43 »

Can anyone tell me where the central locking control unit is located in a 2000 1.6 Xsara.
When I try to lock the car it unlocks immediately. I dont want to mess around pulling switches out of individual doors to test them - I'll just disable the relock function and be done with it.
Many thanks in advance.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Just check the rubber coverings on the wiring between door and bodywork. Sounds like a short. There's be a few guys on the site with a broken wire and this problem.
cosb6

Post by cosb6 »

I know it does it if the doors aren't shut properly... but I've not had issues so far (touch wood)
Oldgit2
My Cars:

Post by Oldgit2 »

Did you ever find your central locking controller? I've got a ZX and I can't find mine either, it's not where Haynes says it should be. But while investigating my (intermittent) fault I discovered that when it's working correctly it will lock then unlock (like your Xsara)if the driver's door is open. Nothing to do with the courtesy lights, it must be the switch in the door lock sensing position of the catch somehow. When I remove the connector from the this switch, it stops doing this but the remote still locks and unlocks alternately. (obviously you lose central locking via the key). But it could be worth trying?
ubg43
My Cars:

Post by ubg43 »

No I never found the controler - no one seems to know !
If you do find it please let me know.
Best wishes.
Oldgit2
My Cars:

Post by Oldgit2 »

I don't expect it's the same as the ZX but see my post dated 18th Sep and replies from Dave Burns, it might give you a clue?
OG
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ubg43</i>

No I never found the controler - no one seems to know !
If you do find it please let me know.
Best wishes.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
if the car is multiplexed then the central locking is controled by the BSI unit located next to the interior fusebox,if its non-multiplex then it is controled by the CPH unit located under the dash to the left of the steering column.