Plips revisited - again

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by beezer</i>

Sorry to make it confusing but if I just pasted the link as it should be on here it does all kind of weird things. If you copy the link I gave (in full - not just the underlined part, that is the forum code getting confused) and paste it into your browser then replace the first letter which is a capital B - with a small h (Bttp:// to http://) then press enter you should get it. I have tried it several times in IE and Firefox and it works every time.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I understand all that. I'm pasting the URL into an IE window and changing the B to an h, but all I get is a google box that says "This is the html version of..............." then Page 1, then its blank below that...and I've tried it from two different computers.
Most likely sending a URL of something from the google cache wont work as it probably relies on a cookie or something...
Regards,
Simon
kafkaian

Post by kafkaian »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mandrake</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by beezer</i>

Sorry to make it confusing but if I just pasted the link as it should be on here it does all kind of weird things. If you copy the link I gave (in full - not just the underlined part, that is the forum code getting confused) and paste it into your browser then replace the first letter which is a capital B - with a small h (Bttp:// to http://) then press enter you should get it. I have tried it several times in IE and Firefox and it works every time.
I understand all that. I'm pasting the URL into an IE window and changing the B to an h, but all I get is a google box that says "This is the html version of..............." then Page 1, then its blank below that...and I've tried it from two different computers.
Most likely sending a URL of something from the google cache wont work as it probably relies on a cookie or something...
Regards,
Simon
...or a referral script. I take it Mandrake as in Linux Simon as opposed to n. poisonous narcotic plant with large yellow fruit. [Greek mandragoras]. I'm a Debian and Stage 1 Gentoo fan myself. It's good to see someone kicking Windblows into touch (hopefully)
tanto
My Cars:

Post by tanto »

hi guys and gals here is the citroen section from the link posted above hope this helps:
<u><b>ETEKEY FOB PROGRAMMING CITROEN XSARA—XANTIA—SYNERGIE– EVASION CENTRAL DOOR LOCK</b></u>
<u><b>(1 BUTTON PLIP KEY)</b></u>
Procedure
1.Ensure all doors are unlocked using the key.
2.Press and hold plip key button until LED stops flashing.
3.After releasing
button, LED will light constantly.
4.Press the Plip Button once, and LED will
extinguish.
5.Open the door and hold the Plip key near the Ignition switch, and
press the plip button one time.
6.Now turn the ignition ON, and wait 10 seconds
then turn ignition OFF.
7.After 5 seconds, Plip should now operate.
<u><b>CENTRAL DOOR LOCK with DEADLOCKING (2 BUTTON PLIP KEY)</b></u>
Procedure
1.Ensure all doors are unlocked using the key.
2.Press and HOLD the large plip key button while the LED
flashes con-tinuously for 20 seconds. After 20 seconds press the small deadlock
but-ton once while still holding the large button.
3.The LED will stop flashing.
4.Release the large button and the LED will light constantly.
5.Press the large button one time, and the LED will go out.
6.Open the door and hold the Plip key near the Ignition switch, and press the large plip button one time.
7.Now turn the ignition ON, and wait 10 seconds then turn ignition OFF.
8.After 5 seconds, Plip should now operate.
<u><b>ETFKEY FOB PROGRAMMING BERLINGO—98 ></b></u>
Procedure
1.Turn the Ignition switch to accessory position using the key, without the remote plip attached.
2.Hold the Plip key towards the receiver at the front of the vehicle.
3.Press the large plip button, then the small plip button on the remote.
4.Repeat for second Plip key if required.
5.Turn ignition OFF.
6.After 5 seconds, Plip should now operate.
<u><b>SAXO 99 ></b></u>
Procedure
1.Unlock the vehicle using Key.
2.Press the LOCK button 2 times within 20 seconds of unlocking the vehicle.
<u><b>XSARA PICASSO</b></u>
Procedure
1.Turn Ignition ON.
2.Press and HOLD the LOCK button for 5 seconds.
3.Turn Ignition OFF.
4.After 5 seconds test Plip key.
<u><b>DISPATCH</b></u>
Procedure
1.Turn Ignition ON, and wait for LED to go out.(If fitted)
2.Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button with 20 seconds.
3.Press the LOCK or UNLOCK on other PLIPS within 10
seconds.
4.LED should light for 1 second.
5.Check PLIPS for operation.
kafkaian

Post by kafkaian »

Tanto - As Mandrake rightly points out, the Xantia 2 button version does not transmit more than an initial burst so holding it down for 20 seconds ( a method I previously followed) is immaterial. I just flicked the button nearest the key near the ceiling sensor. The led comes on momentarily and that's it, programmed. Well that's what I do on my 1997 Petrol SX anyway
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kafkaian</i>

Tanto - As Mandrake rightly points out, the Xantia 2 button version does not transmit more than an initial burst so holding it down for 20 seconds ( a method I previously followed) is immaterial. I just flicked the button nearest the key near the ceiling sensor. The led comes on momentarily and that's it, programmed. Well that's what I do on my 1997 Petrol SX anyway
Tanto's information for "ETEKEY" sounds like the later model RF fobs used on the Series 2 Xantia's, which I believe also have a 2 way transponder in the key when needs to be held near the ignition switch to activate the ignition.
On the other hand the procedure below "DISPATCH" seems to be the correct one for the infrared models like ours. BTW mine is a single button not 2 button, but the procedure seems to be the same...
Thanks for posting the data anyway! Looks like the later model RF units can be programmed as well, rather than paying the agents large amounts of money to do it....perhaps someone should archive this information..
Regards,
Simon
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kafkaian</i>
...or a referral script. I take it Mandrake as in Linux Simon as opposed to n. poisonous narcotic plant with large yellow fruit. [Greek mandragoras]. I'm a Debian and Stage 1 Gentoo fan myself. It's good to see someone kicking Windblows into touch (hopefully)
Actually I've used Mandrake as an online Psuedonym since 1996 - much longer than Mandrake Linux has been around. [:D]
Regards,
Simon
tanto
My Cars:

Post by tanto »

the information supplied is from the link supplied by beezer
as some of you seemed to be having problems viewing it i just posted it as text format
kafkaian

Post by kafkaian »

Okay, there seems the need for a definitive way to approach this issue via mode, year and region. Perhaps the admins/moderators might like to do this for the FAQ or "Handy Hints & Tips" sections?
We seem to revisit this on a regular basis yet there must be a way to catalogue the various procedures according to specification. If owners then decide to introduce bespoke systems then they're on their own.
Tanto, I wasn't having a go and thank you very much for the information but unless there is a way to distinguish between the various 2 button plips as Mandrake has just pointed out, then it just adds to the confusion IMHO.
Much of this gets lost in translation too (jumping from site to site) which doesn't help. [:D]
shezads

Post by shezads »

Does anyone have any info on programming a plip for the zx? Its a one button plip - I got another from a scrappy, just wanted to program this...
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shezads</i>

Does anyone have any info on programming a plip for the zx? Its a one button plip - I got another from a scrappy, just wanted to program this...
What year is the car ? Is it infrared or RF ?
Might as well try the procedures listed, there is a chance one of them will work, especially if its infrared... what do you have to lose [:)]
Regards,
Simon