Concerning strut top

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Frenchie_SCG
My Cars:

Concerning strut top

Post by Frenchie_SCG »

I will have to cahnge strut tops, so are they standard (HA & non-HA) across the Xantia range or is there something specific to look for?
Thanks
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Frenchie_SCG</i>

I will have to cahnge strut tops, so are they standard (HA & non-HA) across the Xantia range or is there something specific to look for?
Thanks
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Well for starters the Hydractive 2 strut tops have a much larger (and different) pipe fitting to the non-Hydractive 2 strut tops, so definately not compatible in that regard. There may be other differences as well.
Also it looks like some compatible changes were made later on or in the spare parts run as the strut tops on my HA2 Xantia were replaced by the dealer I bought it from as part of the condition of sale as they were discovered to have the failing rubber problem, and the new ones are significantly different in design of the rubber block and bracket and a lot more beefy looking, but obviously still compatible as they fit the car ok. [:D]
Regards,
Simon
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

I don't know about the Xantia, but on the XM the conical end of the piston rod is completely different on the HA compared with the non-HA, so the strut top won't even fit the piston rod if its the wrong type.
//NiSk
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

acording to cit dealer there are 4 differant strut top,and they are modle specific,your best bet is to speek to your cit dealer and give them your chassis No
regards malcolm