The most expensive PC fan ever!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Post by demag »

bxbodger, come on admit it, your bursting to get one![:D] Do us all a favour, buy one and try it on the Vitesse. I'm sure you will be over the moon[8D].
According to the claim of 5000 ltrs per minute, if we take 4.55 ltrs = 1 gallon, then it will produce 1098.901 gals of air per minute. Which equates to 18.315016 gals per second[:0]. More than enough to fill yer combustion chambers FrenchLeave[:)].
bxbodger on second thoughts don't fit one to the Vitesse. They couldn't hold the road as it was. With an extra 30bhp it'll turn into a bloody missile![:D] You really will be over the moon!
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

Where the argument of airflow falls down is that all of these figures are FAD (free air delivery, thus at atmospheric pressure.) In order to actually get more air into an engine, you have to provide at least some pressure increase, and as you generate more pressure, the volume of air moved decreases. This continues until the blower (fan in this case) stalls completely, and generates no flow at a constant pressure.
I'd guess that a 15w PC cooling fan will stall at about 0.1psi above atmospheric pressure, thus being bugger all use whatsoever at blowing air into an engine.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

I suspect that when you've got your throttle fully open, that fan will act as a restriction and will generate backpressure.
Flynn

Post by Flynn »

No, no for real economy you need a Motoflow - just £50. A wonder magnet that can give you fuel saving of up to 20%. What makes their magnet so special is that it's got CRP - <i>Central Reversing Polarity</i> i.e a magnet with polarity that reverses in the middle. Neat eh? Why do BMW charge so much for their cars with all that fancy valve stuff but leave out such a wonderous fuel-saving device?
Plus you can get other magnets from these clever people that reduce the gas used by your boiler and others that cure all known ailments in your dog or horse.
A wonderful invention our American cousins have decided to share with us so now sold on licence in the UK.
Details at http://www.ecomagnets.com/motoflow.htm/
Flynn

Post by Flynn »

Think I messed up the link, try http://www.ecomagnets.com/motoflow.htm[:D]
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

It must work -it's been LABORATORY TESTED[:o)]
Strangely, though, I can't see a link to the results - only to Ecoflow's comments on the results!