Temp Gauge for TZD Turbo

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

Bernie and Dave, I'm definately interested in a 'proper' temp guage if possible. I have to get at the instrument panel anyway to replace a few bulbs!
Roscoe
My Cars:

Post by Roscoe »

Hi Bernie (and Dave)
Last question on the instrument panel...honest! My 16V has the oil temp sender in the sump, but the TZD doesn't have the same sump pan with fitting - so where do you mount the oil temp sender or do you bother with it on the replacement panel?
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

Hi Roscoe
Although I've fitted an ally sump from a 16v (for A/C) to my TD, it does not have a hole for the oil temp. sender so my oil temp gauge just sits there looking pretty.
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by davek-uk</i>

Bernie and Dave, I'm definately interested in a 'proper' temp guage if possible. I have to get at the instrument panel anyway to replace a few bulbs!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
If you get a GTI version it will have bulbs in it saving you the cost of buying new ones[:)]
davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

Ok, you've sold me on the idea. I'll need a sender unit too...
Bernie and Dave - I've e-mailed you both on the subject with the aim of some competitive pricing[:D]
Oscar Too
My Cars:

Post by Oscar Too »

This looks very interesting. If anyone has a GTI panel spare, I'd be interested in price. Looks neater than aftermarket gauges. Bernie, do you want to write up how you did it? How much of the dash did you need to take off?
Oscar
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by davek-uk</i>

Bernie and Dave - I've e-mailed you both on the subject with the aim of some competitive pricing[:D]
Very sneaky[:D]
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oscar Too</i>

This looks very interesting. If anyone has a GTI panel spare, I'd be interested in price. Looks neater than aftermarket gauges. Bernie, do you want to write up how you did it? How much of the dash did you need to take off?
Oscar
Most of the information is here
http://www.tramontana.co.hu/citroen/coo ... oling.html
It's just the binnacle to come off which is 2 screws and 2 nuts.
If you want a blow by blow I'll do it for you
Oscar Too
My Cars:

Post by Oscar Too »

Thanks Bernie that's helpful and explicit. My very first job ever was a heater matrix replacement on a ZX, so I tend to get cold sweats when I think of doing anything behind the dash....
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

My local scrapyard (Harry Bucklands near Cheltenham) had 6 BXs in it earlier this week, including one GTi. Is this some kind of record or a freak concentration? Unfortunately the hours that I am working mean I can't get there till mid September, so may be different then.
The sump off a Peugeot 205 GTi will fit a TZD turbo, and that has the oil temp sender in the sump.
If you are using a mismatched sender and gauge, my view of it is that the actual temperature reading is not the most important thing; what you need to watch for is any changes from the norm, whether they be a sudden dive into the red or a long term drift.