where to find the abs module on a 96 sx xm

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sammycitroenzx
My Cars:

where to find the abs module on a 96 sx xm

Post by sammycitroenzx »

HELLO AGAIN
where abouts on the car is the abs module so i can check it as the abs warning light has started to come on also wher are the sensors located
i have a 1996 xm estate 2.0. 16v sx trim
cheers samantha
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

The sensors are located at each wheel hub. They are short cylindrical devices atached to the hub carrier via a hole. The end of the sensor is very close to an external gear-wheel (the modulator) that is attached to the hub and rotates in front of the sensors creating an electrical signal in the sensor. One good tip is to clean all the debrie out of the gear teeth and see if that improves the situation. On later serie II cars (built after mid 1995) the ABS control unit is integrated in teh ABS valve block, which is located in front of the left hand front wheel housing (can be seen from below or through the LH wheel arch with the protective inner plastic removed.
//NiSk
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

The sensors are located in the wheel hubs, follow the thickish lead and you will come to something that resembles a spark plug cap, thats the sensor. If you follow the lead away from the sensors you will find a connector in each lead, take them apart and clean and reassemble ith a little grease. The problem is likely to be with one of the front ones.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

You said that without moving your lips!