BX - number of wipe cycles decreased after wash

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> From the moment I bought the car, I was always immensely upset by the 4-cycle swiping after applying washer even for the shortest possible time. The wiper was only screeching on already-dry windshield while doing the last 2 cycles.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
The other route, which I took, is to get rid of the useless wiper mounted spray-bar and fit proper washer jets- lots more water on the screen and no screeching!!!
I did this a couple of years ago and it makes my daily motorway commute so much easier and safer when the winter comes around!!!!
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ItDontGo</i>

In fact in many ways the simpler AX could be argued to be better than the BX depending on what you think is important in a motor. It is better on fuel and has less to go wrong for example.
Then I suggest you get yourself a Relian Regal 3 wheeler. Even more mechanichally simple. No electric jiggery-pokery with the washers there, just a manual pump.
Never had a problem with my BX washers on my 4 BXs as long as I kept the washer "nozzle" clear by running some fusewire up it every few months.
madasafish

Post by madasafish »

I prefer luxury cars that are reliable.
ItDontGo
My Cars:

Post by ItDontGo »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by madasafish</i>

I prefer luxury cars that are reliable.
Ah, so you dont much care for Citroens then. [8)]
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

If you mean HP citroens, then I'd say that they are more reliable than many other cars. Certainly the suspension is easier to work on than a number of other cars I've had in the past.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Back off that silly discussion and get on track with the subject please ... [8)]
As for the subject : squirting and dripling endless on rear wipe/wash I seem to remember that higher trim BX'es had the rear w/w control build into front w/w stalk switch - where it is possible to control rear wash separately from rear wipe. In DK this is found on GTI and Estate BX'es.
BX'es with the dash pushbutton rear w/w control seems to have the silly system only.
However it does not require a degree in low voltage engineering to do something about it. Right Tom ... ? [:D]
czenda
My Cars:

Post by czenda »

Huh... AndersDK, I think the "sensible" system of "squirting separated from wiping" was used on Mk1 BX only...
I am not sure, but I will check with BOL diagrams. The rear wiper action upsets me too...[}:)]
G4EIY
My Cars:

Post by G4EIY »

Great, did the mod on my 92BX, unit was by Bitran Video Ref 2047029 blue in colour and the resistor was 140K, changed to 75K and that did the trick.
My 89BX has a unit by Cartier Ref 02259, but does not contain the chip, just a BC517 transistor..