Bus drivers

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

yangreen

Post by yangreen »

I had a lovely journey in to work today. Barely saw another car. There was one going slowly but a good opportunity to let the five cylinders rip had me past that safely (more difficult to do in the 2cv though!). Just avoid cities and motorways and driving becomes pleasant again!
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yangreen</i>

Just avoid cities and motorways<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
And national parks,
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">and driving becomes pleasant again!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

and 2cv World Meetings. Tee hee!
FrenchLeave
My Cars:

Post by FrenchLeave »

This part of the country (Lincolnshire) still gives opportunities for enjoyable motoring as long as you stay off the tourist run to Skegness and avoid John Adams Way in Boston (the by-pass that goes through the centre of town - apparently the Town Council members that approved it were all shopkeepers who didn't want to lose the trade!). Oh, and watch out for some pretty big tractors.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by FrenchLeave</i>

John Adams Way in Boston (the by-pass that goes through the centre of town - <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">and I thought it was only Prestons Ring Road that did that!
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Ran into the back of a FREELANDER? Get your head looked at. The brakes weren't a problem. Nothing stops more slowly than a
Freelander so you weren't paying attention.
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

Actually Tom, a Discovery stops more slowly! If it works long enough to get any speed up that is!!
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by martyhopkirk</i>
and I thought it was only Prestons Ring Road that did that!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
thats not a ring road, it stops i the middle of Preston and splits five ways! Itsmore like a snare than a ring road, and has no signs!