Keypad immobiliser

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

aengus
My Cars:

Post by aengus »

have you tried powering up the fuel pump directly and then see if it starts?
At least you'd then know the rest of the wiring is correct etc.
Should be a relay somewhere that triggers the pump - could short the main 12V and output pins on the socket, for example....
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Only a 0.014% chance of it being this but when I rebuilt the Visa earlier this year my fuel pump didnt work either. Reason was a dodgy connection on the fuel pump relay. Just may be worth checking that the relays all fine and dandy and getting a signal etc before buying a keypad.
Ive just re-read what PowerLee said about the immobiliser being locked to the fuel pump etc so ignore the above. I hate newer more complex cars. My Visa only has 6 fuses for example. I had a look under the dash of my Supra one day trying to find the alarm and got scared at all the electronics and wiring etc!
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Hi
Theres no point powering up the fuel pump because the fuel injectors will still be immobilised, That means no fuel to the engine even with the fuel pump running.
Also you need the ignition coil powered up correctly so it will fire the spark plugs when the ECU tells it to.
The only way to do this is an UNLOCKED ECU!
Have fun, Thats the last input im giving on this thread.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rossnunn</i>

the fuel pump doesn't run so I suspect its probably the immobiliser kicking in.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
im pretty sure (not 100% though) that the keypad does not cut the fuel pump,the transponder systems definitely dont.id be checking the double realay & its feeds.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

yup we bypassed the connector for the fuel pump & pressurized up the fuel rail, but cannot hear the injectors opening. We've yet to check if she has a spark.
zzf00l
My Cars:

Post by zzf00l »

Surely worth trying the old service codes i.e 1111 or 2222 etc. Only a few times tho' .... don't want to lock it up!
CITMAN
My Cars:

Post by CITMAN »

Dont think that a 98 306 would have had a keypad but more likely to have transponder in its key. The ecu would need the signal from the key before the car will start. Sounds to me if you will need the ecu looking at to unlock it. Im suprised that your zx hasnt got a keypad my now retired m reg zx which is now sitting at the bottom of the drive has a keypad, most of the mk 2 zx's with the uprated nose had keypads.
CITMAN
My Cars:

Post by CITMAN »

ive got a porters peugeot manual which has detailed information about the 1.4 multipoint engine management setup -let me know if you would like me to look anything up.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rossnunn</i>

but cannot hear the injectors opening.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
take the fuel rail/injectors out try to start it to (obviously taking precautions with fuel spraying about) see if the injectors are spraying.
what injection system is it BTW ? Magnetti marelli 1AP ? do you still have acsess to the 306 you took the engine & loom out ?
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

right I'm gonna try and answer these in order.
zzf00l :- as I said before I don't have anything more than the engine & loom, no keypad &/or no transpoder.
citman :- mine is a '96 N elation, I thought the same as you & the only explenation I could comke up with is that its a basic model the Elation, so maybe they were'nt fitted until higher up the range??
citman :- Ok I'll have a word with the old man & get back to you on that, cheers.
wheeler :- I was going to do that after I checked the spark, but the rain has stopped play for the mo :( Not 100 percent sure on which injector system it is, I'll have a look up & report back asap. (Y)