Northern Meet!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

BernieLugg
My Cars:

Post by BernieLugg »

Nice to see the forum resurrected and i hope the spirit and camaradie of the old forum will remian - I hope there will be further meetings on a national and international basis in the future - maybe the next one could be round the Midlands - who knows may even tie in with the Motor show at the NEC :?:
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Hiya Bernie.

Erm, our meets usually end up indoors eating, drinking, and chatting. We always plan something as a sort of token gesture, :wink: but to date we always fail to leave the pub.. :D

If you can find a pub that does nice food, near a motorway Jctn with a big car park that will be a good begining as far as planning goes.. :)

The only problem I can see is that at the moment the M6 seems to have become a car park between Stafford, and the M56 Jctn.. It took me 2-1/2 hrs to get home from Stafford last Sat afternoon 2pm ish to 5 pm ish, a journey of about 40 miles, all Motorway!!.. Worse place is between Jctn 14-16 M6 Northbound. I left Lyme Regis at 10 am. Was at Staffs for 1-30..2 ish..after stopping at Michael wood for coffee and watering the dog. :) approx 200 miles. But then ran into staionary traffic and began the final crawl home.. :(
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

If you hunt hard enough James there is beer at the NEC - I have to admit I shall be going on the Sunday to the Cla$$ic car show - though not renewing my CCC or 2CVGB membership this year. Money is tighter than a gnats chuff - so off to Lidl for my fuel too!

Anyone else off to the NEC?
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

martyhopkirk wrote: Anyone else off to the NEC?
You taking the Boy Mr R?
BX Slave
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Dave Bamber wrote:
You taking the Boy Mr R?
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I want to actually look at some motors. Trying to convince Bob to come too (he of Morris 8 fame) - you up for a seat in the black limo?
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

martyhopkirk wrote:
Dave Bamber wrote:
You taking the Boy Mr R?
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I want to actually look at some motors. Trying to convince Bob to come too (he of Morris 8 fame) - you up for a seat in the black limo?
Hmmmm, Verrrry interesting, I'll get back to you :wink:
BX Slave
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

When is it? What time you leaving? I may come too if that's ok? I will have room for 3 in the ZX if anyone needs a lift.. :-)
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

First Weekend in November James (at the NEC obviously)