Traction/DS/H van 1911cc engine

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vidfletch
My Cars:

Post by vidfletch »

Its way off topic now! LOL!!! Read the 2CVGB forum. There ARE complaints and the most positive posts are from volunteers! Only a tiny number of the thousands who were there are going to post on that forum. Not many do in relation to the amount of members. Excellent forum though.
Vidfletch
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

You say people didn't care when you complained about the toilets but try sounding compassionate when you've been hearing the same thing every day, all day when there is nothing you can do about it! It was immensely frustrating.
The more people who prepay, the less money has to be borrowed. It is more for the benefit of the club and to make it easier for people who then don't have to faff with money when they get to site. Over 1,700 people pre-booked and a huge number of them arrived on the first day. I have to say, the British in particular were getting very peeved. I did see our Euro friends getting upset too to be fair but by far the majority were having a laugh and making the most of it.
As for weather, we may have expected raid but 3 days of solid drizzle?
There was also one over-aggresive volunteer who upset most of us as well. Slightly missing the friendly aspect of 2cv'ing!
As for showers, they were tested before everyone arrived. What didn't help was people leaving them running when they were finished and doing their washing up in there!
While a lot of people left on Saturday, the field was still well filled by Sunday which is when the sun came out - perfect to dry the tents!
Yes, this has drifted off topic a lot hasn't it? Sorry, I just get very worked up about this having worked like a dog for the duration and before! I'll shut up now (hoorah!) and we'll see if this ship drifts back on course...
Cheers!
Ian
vidfletch
My Cars:

Post by vidfletch »

Why is it these things turn up when you have no money left?!?!?!?
Ebay Item number: 4567279095
Rare or what?!?!?
Vidfletch
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

I'd suggest joining the yahoo list for Hvan ... I am unsure which motors will fit in there.
We have ...
The traction engine --1911cc 3bearing crank, long stroke, no dampner and cast iron head.
The early DS and ID engien --1911 cc, 3bearing crank, long stroke, no damper, alloy cross flow head with twin barrel carby
The '62 ?? - 67 ? (not sure of exact year) --1911cc 3bearing long stroke motor with a dampener fitted. power levels differer depending on carby/inlet manifod/exhaust manifold type. Only DS's got the higher compression domed pistons. ID's got flat top pistons.
68 - 75 The quite different short stroke 1998cc, 2100, 2300 cc engine with 5 crank bearings and a variety on carbies/injection system to give dramatically more power.
It doesn't end there, the geaboxs change with the short stroke engine too....
The short stroke 5bearing engine found it's way into the CX in varying forms upto 2.5litres.
You need a 'H' van enthusiest that know what engines can squeeze into a 'H' van, the CX deisels and petrol motors turn the 'wrong' way so are not much good to you. DS's were never sold as deisel, so your stuck with Hvan or C35 deisel units if you want one of them.
seeya,
Shane L.