Front Suspension Hard (Not spheres)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

Have you tried cleaning out the LHM fluid and filter. This can cause a hard ride. I had a similar problem on my Bx, changed the fluid after running with hydroflush for a month. In fact try it anyway I think with hydroflush in it, it will be a better ride (for a month anyway.
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by wrinklet1</i>

Have you tried cleaning out the LHM fluid and filter. This can cause a hard ride. I had a similar problem on my Bx, changed the fluid after running with hydroflush for a month. In fact try it anyway I think with hydroflush in it, it will be a better ride (for a month anyway.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Unless the oil was REALLY REALLY filthy, I don't see how it could worsen the ride significantly, as it only has to flow from the struts to the spheres and back. Are you sure it wasn't just that the act of replacing the oil expelled trapped air etc ? Bubbles of trapped air can certainly worsen the ride...
Regards,
Simon
howiedean
My Cars:

Post by howiedean »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mandrake</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by wrinklet1</i>

Unless the oil was REALLY REALLY filthy, I don't see how it could worsen the ride significantly, as it only has to flow from the struts to the spheres and back. Are you sure it wasn't just that the act of replacing the oil expelled trapped air etc ? Bubbles of trapped air can certainly worsen the ride...
Regards,
Simon
I've got a similar problem having chaged all spheres except the accumulator, the ride seeems fairly hard at the rear. I've done loads of Citerobics and no change.
Could the LHM or Accumulator cause this? The only other thing I think it could be is the rear spheres, they are date stamped with 14/08/04 but I can't check them.
Regards