YOBS

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

Mind you it is extremely pleasant when you do meet someone nice.
Something to do with having to endure evil to appreciate good perhaps
j_roc

Post by j_roc »

Whats the views on conscription into the military service? Do you guy's and girl's think that it works? and is it the answer?
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

Leaner, fitter and harder yobs perhaps
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

Conscription is a bad idea - I wouldn't want to do it! Forced violence? How is that the answer? While it might well sort out the evil minority, seems unfair to force it upon everyone.
j_roc

Post by j_roc »

The reason that I ask = When I was in college many, many years ago a Greek (as I remember) chap was on the same course. I remember him telling us that he has to do 2 (I think, but it could be more) years service. And as we all know there are + and - to each story. Servicemen are moulded to whatever the state wants them to be. Plus If a street/city/national riot breaks out Boy are they in trouble - all those trained killers on the loose....Is it the answer???? I dont know.
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

You need to move to a more rural area like Warminster where i live !,
No yobs to be seen or heard of, a town where I live on 1 side of it, and can see the other edge of town from my window and much further beyond, You never get any traffic jams and you can go out leaving yout doors and windows open safe int he knowledge that you arent going to get burgled or vandalised !
I used to live in Bracknell in Berkshire, and it was an absolute nightmare, property prices are through the roof, vandalism and yob culture is everywhere, my car got damaged on average every other month, someone even rammed it in a land rover one night and pushed it into another car just for fun!, the traffic jam was pretty much there all day, it wasnt a nice place to live
j_roc

Post by j_roc »

I wouldent leave your door open now Mosser - where is it you live again??? [:D]
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Going rural is no defence from yobs. Where I live I'm about a mile out from the closes town, its fairly green and we don't have any neighbours. We do get young lads with motorbikes who have to be asked politely to not come back.
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

Heh!, let me know when your visiting warminster then and i'll lock me doors !! ;), or you could drop by for a free coffee and buy a kilo of coffee beans whilst your here for £5 !! (cheap coffee bean plug!!)
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

Actually Kowalski you have a point. Here we are 8 miles from the nearest town and only a few months ago, several people were put in hospital by a "kid" on a motorbike riding with no lights or insurance. He wasn't even old enough to be riding it! No doubt he'll get a slapped wrist (not literally of course) and the poor people he hit will live with the horror for the rest of their days.
As for idiots on motorbikes, there is one stupid kid I sometimes encounter on my way home who enjoys pulling out in front of people on his Pushbike! I didn't try to avoid him last time which made him think twice. Got a bit carried away really because you can imagine who'd have been in trouble if I'd actually hit him!
Gah!
j_roc

Post by j_roc »

You still trying to sell the coffee beans then Mosser?
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

I certainly am !!, down to just over 40 kilo's now, i am keeping 20 kilo's for myself so only 20 or so kilos left to sell now, they are going really well, and nealry everyone i have sold them to has commented on how nice they taste
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yangreen</i>
Got a bit carried away really because you can imagine who'd have been in trouble if I'd actually hit him!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
That would all depend on whether there were any witnesses, and as you say he has had a habit of doing it in the past. "He rode straight out in front of me officer".
The thing is, I'm sure you'd feel guilty about it if you hurt him even if you did all you could to avoid him, and he'd be back out there doing the same after he got the casts off and finished the physio.
kid
My Cars:

Post by kid »

I am not old enough to remember the 'good old days' however i believe when it comes to crime the Muslim nations have one over the uk. I would quite happily bring back the death penalty, look at the recent incident with the guy in Liverpool who died for because of the way he looked, would you want anything to do with that/those murders, i think not, also why should i have to pay for the upkeep of this/these thugs.
I am only in my 20's but as i write this i fell very sad indeed.
yobs or as i like to call them these b******s should be eradiated from society totally, NONE WILL MISS THEM, SAD BUT TRUE, this would result in a better society...eventually.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

And for now lets draw a line under this one folks.