XM V6 Misfire

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Joe T
My Cars:

Post by Joe T »

I have had no joy with this, most suppliers need to knoew how many wires it has, apparantly it can have both 3 and 4 according to the parts books. Its a universal type.
I have grovelled underneath the car trying to find the connector end of the wires but not had much success.
Anyone out there changed a lambda on one of these on a V6?
Cheers
Joe
aengus
My Cars:

Post by aengus »

I'll have to look for one in the garage when I get home, but think it's a 4-wire one, at least if memory serves, been a while since I last looked, and having just moved, will have a job locating it in the newly disorganised garage it's all now in.
XM-V6
My Cars:

Post by XM-V6 »

Hi Joe,
did you look already on the site of facet ?
there is a nice picture there including connectors wiring
Joe T
My Cars:

Post by Joe T »

Hi, yes the Facet site is really good, so I go to my local motor factors and they tell me it has to have a universal one, then they ask me how many wires do I want.
I then think no problem I will find the connector on the car just to check, and thats as far as I have got, I think I need to get it on a ramp as I cant seem to find the connector end.
Interestingly I think the fault has worsened a bit recently which is good news as it might mean something will fail soon, it now starts to idle lumpy only when hot etc. Its been constant for a year now so hopefully it will roll to a stop, I carry everything I have replaced just in case.
I let another citroen enthusiast have a drive a couple of days ago, he thought I was mad as it drove perfect for about 10 - 15 minutes then it starts with the flat spot, he reckons its loosing all the cylinders though just like a rev limiter, I instructed him to welly it and off it tramps, drives fine over 3000!!
He does not think its the Lambda but admits I have changed every thing else! bar the injectors! & engine loom (my best guess)
We did spot some earth wiring behind the headlight that the outer casing is falling off so maybe have a go at that when I get a chance.
All the while it can make it to the tip and the builders merchant fully loaded its worth keeping.
Cheers
Joe
aengus
My Cars:

Post by aengus »

one thng worth checking is if the injector wiring is contacting the rails or other metalwork... on my 2.0, it stopped on the motorway and would not get going again, had fuel, sparks etc. then spotted the wiring touching the rail - had chaffed through the insulation... moved it, started first turn.
regards
Dave
Paulxmski
My Cars:

Post by Paulxmski »

Hi Joe T,
Did you look inside the distributor cap. When I took mine off there was what looked like hlm in there might have been water to, caused a lot of
problems, but not a phased problem like you described?
Joe T
My Cars:

Post by Joe T »

It does feel like an ignition problem, and I have changed the cap and rotor, now its a bit more widesperad when hot I am hopefully going to get it on a crypton tuner ro something to have a look at the ignition side. I sitll think it could eb aloom type fault, if I think right back I beleive it only started after I changed the AirCon compressor, maybe I disturbed something?
I have not changed the Lambda yet as I have not found a way to get to it on the deck or where the wire comes out to check for how many. I appreciat the parts book say it has x wires but I would still rather see for myself.
Cheers
Joe