2cv World Meeting

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

chaseracer

Post by chaseracer »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yangreen</i>

Dyanes are genuine bargains. Because they aren't "proper" 2cvs, people overlook them and values are very low. Easy to get a sound one for less than a grand. They are nicer to drive and have the bonus of a hatchback. The only thing I found when I had one is that I missed the 2cv'ness of the original.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
What!! Not proper 2CVs?!? You're going to find your column space shrinking if you keep coming out with twaddle like that, young man!! Dyanes are DIFFERENT, that's all[8D], and - now that numbers are so low - values are heading north. 2CVs are great, I love 'em - but it's always good to see a relatively rare A-series variant like the Dyane (or Ami, Mehari, etc.) at an event.
[quote]<i>Originally posted by yangreen</i>

2cv values are pushing up as more classic car enthusiasts wake up to what great cars they are.quote]
True. At last. The struggle was not in vain[:D]
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Dont worry David, we all know Dyanes are the best A-series. Pay no attention to that Mr Green, he's a dollyist :-)
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yangreen</i>

Dyanes are genuine bargains. Because they aren't "proper" 2cvs, people overlook them and values are very low.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Always prefered them myself - find them more useable.
Todays wish list is a Barbour 4x4 Dyane 6[:p]
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by martyhopkirk</i>

Dyanes are genuine bargains. Because they aren't "proper" 2cvs, people overlook them and values are very low.
Always prefered them myself - find them more useable.
Todays wish list is a Barbour 4x4 Dyane 6[:p]
Thirded, Marty, but not the 4 x 4 - impractical and ugly. Bullet proof donned.......
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

I stand by my quote! They are less popular because they aren't seen in the same light as the 2cv. I love Dyane's too but I'm not allowed to buy another car (four between the two of us is already too many apparently!) and can't get rid of my Dolly which I'll admit to liking!
My name is Ian and I'm a Dolly lover.
Ian
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Well done, admitting it is the first step to recovery........
Have to say I just spotted 'Chaseracers' signature line.
" Citroen, if you have to ask you will never understand"
Says it all .
chaseracer

Post by chaseracer »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stinkwheel</i>

Dont worry David, we all know Dyanes are the best A-series. Pay no attention to that Mr Green, he's a dollyist :-)
Ian who...? [;)]
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

2cv values are pushing up as more classic car enthusiasts wake up to what great cars they are. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Ian - we fully expect the same to happen with the BX, then in 20 years the ZX and Xantia (though probably not the AX - [Runs & Hides]))[:D][:D][;)]
Which is why some of us seem to be trying to collect enough specimens of each to form breeding pairs!
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

Oh dear. We have a 2cv and an AX. That could result in some nasty cross breeding...
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Yeah, you get a visa.
Good cars, much underrated.
chaseracer

Post by chaseracer »

Oh dear. We have a 2cv and an AX. That could result in some nasty cross breeding...
I'd be more worried if the Audi and the Trooper get it on...[:X][:0]
Maybe that's where the idea for the Touareg came from!
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stinkwheel</i>

Yeah, you get a visa.
Good cars, much underrated.
Totally agree with this, Matt. I borrowed a 652 Special to it out for my pal - misfiring due to DJs in module - a great car!
Ultimate is a late Club with newer grille, but old dash with coffee jar.
There was an immaculate bronze on at Wetherby and also Kelso - it had Ulster plates. I want one!!
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

>Ultimate is a late Club with newer grille, but old dash with coffee jar.
My first car. Pity it was 'Fawn Beige' (see Basil40's GS thread for discussions about this).
>I want one!!
OI!!! Get in line behind me....[:D]
I don't know what it was about the car - it was underpowered and had no brakes, but there was a real pleasure in making progress with it.