ACCUMULATOR SPH REMOVAL!!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

johnlyn
My Cars:

Post by johnlyn »

Just thought i would throw some input here, i broke my filter chain thingy too, snap went the chain & i went sprawling across the engine bay with some choice words, but have now repaired my chain wrench with a small length of small moped/motorcycle chain, much stronger now!
John
Waxee

Post by Waxee »

I did this job recently and after struggling with my chain filter removal tool, got the chisel. After two wacks it was loose. Heres a tip re your concern of damaging radiator. Cut a piece of MDF board roughly the size of rad and slip in place behind rad before doing any work in that area. It prevents a spanner/screwdriver/chisel going through the rad or folding over the fins. Just remember to take it out again.
Ian Fearn
My Cars:

Post by Ian Fearn »

I bought the tool off Pleiades after i broke about 3 chain tools trying to get a sphere off.
It was damn expensive (40quid ish) but its worth its weight in gold when you've got a tough sphere to shift!
I tightened the tool up, smacked it with a hammer and off it came. I would never use anything else again!
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

I use a professional strap wrench with a steel strap. It can be tightened firmly onto the sphere, and either hammered or levered with a length of pipe. On one occasion, I had to use the weight of the car to remove a rear sphere, but the wrench held!