1.9TD engine prices??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

johnlyn
My Cars:

1.9TD engine prices??

Post by johnlyn »

I have a 1.9TD engine for sale locally and was wondering what sort of value they are, 47K miles runs very quiet and smooth for an oil burner, have removed starter, alternator & hydraulic pump for own use, other than that it will go complete ready to drop into another car.Was going to drop it into my Xantia but my one is running sweet as a nut. Any idea on the price i should ask for it minus the gearbox?
John
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

£10 :D I'll take it for £10!
But more seriously try calling some local scrappers and see how much they would charge for the same, then reaslise your not that stupid and bring it down a little!
DO you have any history for the engine? That makes a big difference to its value!
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

Where's locally, John?
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Look on Ebay, that's the best guide, you can se what people are actually paying for them!
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

John on a seriouse note I am looking for a good one to buy for vanny so that he can get his BX running again, I only have about £100 as a budget though any chance that that is of any interest to you? after previouse experiance of XUD's we will have the head off it befor its fitted any way and ive seen far to amny good engines develop faults after fitting.
Andy
johnlyn
My Cars:

Post by johnlyn »

I have seen one on Ebay but looking for a realistic price, to bernie & vanny it was a full re-con apperantly serviced every 6K (just spoken to previous owner) locally is Inverness
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by johnlyn</i>

I have seen one on Ebay but looking for a realistic price, to bernie & vanny it was a full re-con apperantly serviced every 6K (just spoken to previous owner) locally is Inverness
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Thanks John, Inverness is a tidy way to go from Southampton so I'll give it a miss. Thanks again
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

Bloody long way to go from Liverpool too, but that said i think Andy wants me to fetch a V6 gearbox from Edinburgh which wouldn't be the first rediculous journey i had done!
That said it would probably be cheaper to lob it on a pallet than drive!
johnlyn
My Cars:

Post by johnlyn »

Can see what i can do regarding putting it on a pallet, depends on what it is worth + carriage
johnlyn
My Cars:

Post by johnlyn »

Would possibly looking for about £300 as it has new diesel pump plus all other bits + carriage
caveman_si
My Cars:

Post by caveman_si »

if we are buying Vanny an engine im in for £50 its a shame to see him driving nigel (his mums Ax) when he has a nice shiny Red bx sitting there that just needs an engine (well more precisly an engine that works). Plus if his car goes properly hes got more free time to help me fix mine:) And i think its almost time for a new clutch and brakes all round so i do hope its soon.
JohnT
My Cars:

Post by JohnT »

These engines are readily available for around £150-200 tops. I have sold two complete units (one on E Bay) for £150 each.
johnlyn
My Cars:

Post by johnlyn »

Thanks John, around the £200 mark would do me just fine, how on earth do you send them if sold on E bay?! must weigh close on 150kg.
John
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

pallet! Costs about £60 for a courier to come and collect and pallet them to where ever. God knows how they get the pallet on the lorry in the first place though!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by vanny</i>

pallet! Costs about £60 for a courier to come and collect and pallet them to where ever. God knows how they get the pallet on the lorry in the first place though!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I had a Dagenham Dustbin Engine (1.25 Zetec) delivered to me on a pallet. The Driver and I simply lifted the pallet off the truck and on to a waiting trolley. That was fine for a little tiddler but I'd not fancy doing that with an XUD. You'll either need a forklift or a van with an electric tail lift and an engine hoist or some very strong helpers...