Alarm and Indicator light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rashmore

Alarm and Indicator light

Post by rashmore »

Happened twice now - when I lock the car, the locks engage , the indicators flash then go off, alarm light flashes, but have noticed when come back to the car that the drivers side indicator is on constantly. Once outside friends house, another in my drive so know alarm not got off 2nd time.
Obviously need to keep an eye on it otherwise will have dead battery.
If the alarm has gone off it, the alarm indicator above the clock normally flashes at a different rate after unlocking until I start car.
If unlock and then relock the car, the indicators remain off ?
Any ideas what this might be before I start tracing the wiring ?
Cheers
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Its the alarm unit itself. The indicators drive relay is defective on that side with constant lights on. A common alarm failure.
If you have DIY experience in electronics it should not be a large problem to deem the alarm unit repairable or scrap. Anyways most likely you're out for a time consuming job.
rashmore

Post by rashmore »

Pretty good DIYer, so am willing to tackle most jobs.
Will have to look at Haynes B.O.L to locate parts so that i can then make a start, unless you know where the bits are ... :)
pete@co.uk
My Cars:

Post by pete@co.uk »

hi rashmore
the alarm unit is under the passenger seat remove the seat lift the carpet under the seat and you,ll see it it,s got two plugs going into it one brown one grey and its mounted on a plate with two small screws holding it in postion very easy to get at.
pete.........