CT Turbo Engine

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mbunting
My Cars:

CT Turbo Engine

Post by mbunting »

Quick question regarding the CT Turbo as used in the Xantia, Activa, XM, 406 etc..
Can it be converted to run on LPG ?
I've been doing some calculations, and it would work out £500 a year cheaper than my AX 1.5D for the mileage I'm doing !
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

have a look at the post form J Hodgson in this thread.
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... C_ID=15067
jeremy
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

It depends what type of conversion kit you go for, if it has a vapouriser, then the inlet will get so heavily restricted to create the pressure drop needed to suck the gas, that the turbo will be working overtime for half the amount of normal boost to arrive at the inlet manifold,
If you got for a sequential multipoint injection kit, then it should work fine providing you dont want to exceed around 12psi boost (stock is 9psi i believe), the only downside to sequential is the cost, it aint cheap!, but if you want a decent one i can recomend, dreamxx21n, it works very well on nearly all turbo'd cars
spliffy
My Cars:

Post by spliffy »

yes it can i had mine done cost £1500 but you lose a bit of performance but you can live with that as lpg costs 33p a litre !! i save between £20 and £30 a week on fuel my car is currently up for sale