Front Strut Return Pipes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Front Strut Return Pipes

Post by CitroJim »

During my strut top replacement today I noticed the rubber LHM return pipes on the struts are a bit perished at the point where the rubber pipe connects to the rubber block on the strut. No leaks but they look due for replacement before they do.
Are these available as a spare part, either from GSF or a Citroen Dealer?
Thanks..
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

Available as a replacement from both Citroen and GSF. You need the rubber pipe and the metal clip! Works out about £11 for the pipe and £5 ish for the clip from Citroen making it ish £16.
Easy to fit bar that damn clip, have a search and there is a post from me with a picture of the 'special' tool which is a modified monkey wrench or mole grips. Pretty easy to modify and i suspect makes the job a lot easier!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Thanks vanny!
Excellent stuff...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

best way i have found is after cleaning the leg put new return pipe in place with pointed end of block sitting into slot of pinch clamp were leg goes in hub,put some masking tape around pipe half way up,then get clip in place use pair of side cuters to snap clip into place,very fiddely need lots of patiance regards malcolm
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I gave up with the clamp and fitted mine with cable ties!