At auction tonight...Activa

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mbunting
My Cars:

At auction tonight...Activa

Post by mbunting »

Didn't stay long, because the car I was looking ( no money [:(]) at was one of the first to go through.
N reg Activa, sunroof, no aircon or leather. Slight damage to left rear door, hydraulics & engine ok - lots of interest ( in multiples of £5 ) until it reached about £140, and the final bit was about £150.
"I'll ask, but don't hold your breath, they're looking for £400" said the auctioneer.
Also through was a P reg Laguna 3.0 V6 Auto - seemed mechanically ok, which bit ( and I think sold ) at £180.
Seems like the place is slowly converting to diesel - strong prices reached tonight, at the expence of petrol residuals.
JohnT
My Cars:

Post by JohnT »

Every Laguna that is an auto is in the auction because the box has gone into 'safety mode' as it is knackered. I have traded and found out the hard way about this. The Laguna has a major problem on auto boxes and the repair is at least £1,200 plus. Hence the low price. The bargain that never was? These cars spend months going from one auction to another earning the auctions plenty in money as all the buyers become sellers!
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

What is it with Renault autoboxes? I seem to remember that the 21 was the same- i.e. it only went to auction when the auto started playing up....
JohnT
My Cars:

Post by JohnT »

You are right, I bought two 'bargain' auto lagunas before I learnt my lesson. Same problem as the 21.
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

What is it with Renault manual boxes ?, on my 2 renault espace's i previously owned, they consumed 4 brand new gearbox'x between them at £1200 a piece !!
leonardo

Post by leonardo »

What is it with Renaults pedals? Had a camper van and the pedals were so close together you couldn't help but brake and acelarate at the same time!!!
Had a Megane also with horrible pedals. Cut our loses and replaced this with the current Saxo which we're much happier with ...