Please can anyone help?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rblakemore

Please can anyone help?

Post by rblakemore »

I have a few problems with my citroen xsara. Its a 2001 model. Firstly, I have no electrics on the drivers door! No interior light, no electric window, no mileage display on the dash and also the boot does not unlatch when the drivers door is opened. The central locking does not work either. I have put a new battery in the blip key and that has made no difference. We have found a severed wire in the door, and fixed it back together with a connector and the electrics still don't work. Any ideas?
Also, it keeps cutting out with the air con on. It has happened a lot especially when you dip the clutch to change gear. I presume this is because it is so hot, and the car can't cope with all the extra power of the air con being on (its only a 1.4i), but not being able to open the drivers window I don't have much choice really.
I know this seems silly, but how do you change the side light bulb on the passenger side? Going to France next week and I need to get it sorted. When we changed the main headlamp, it took three hours because we had to take off the abs box to get into the light. ????
Any help would be mutch appreciated as I am really getting to the end of my tether.
Thanks in advance.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

has the severd wire blown a fuse ??
the easiest way to change those bulbs is to remove the complete headlamp but you need to partially remove the front bumper first.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

I agree with wheeler. Check the door wiring has been damaged between door and door mounting.