Boost Gauge

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stubbsy

Post by stubbsy »

dont think it should move on a diesel.mine doesnt. find a steep hill,foot to the board in 3rd gear, (if i can remember),max boost is around 3000rpm,that should give you your correct boost reading.i found a really nice place to put my boost guage in dash.removed the 2 blanking switch covers under the drivers side heating vent,(not the ultrasonics switch but the 2 nearest the steering wheel)with a bit of fileing it fits a treat.all on a zx volcane running 18psi.
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Nothing related to this at all im afraid but this talk of boost gauges made me remember how easy it was to drive my old CX Gti Turbo with the boost gauge in the red, aaahhhhh, fond memories.
nitro74
My Cars:

Post by nitro74 »

Hello
I will try to fit a boost gauge in my xantia sx td, I will try to put it in the small blank circle(don't know it will fit or not) I am not going to move the airbag and steering wheel for this, at the same time I will try to replace a light bulb in instrument panel and change the ignition switch.. so wish me luck
any advice and suggestions welcomed and appreciated.
is there any suitable place for the boost gauage in xantia??
PS. ROSSNUNN is there any chance that I can see those pictures it will be a great help, I got a bosch pump.
thanx alot
j_roc

Post by j_roc »

I am going to try and mount my gauge in between the sterio and the steering column (its a Xantia) the blank bit of plastic. That is if I can lift the panel away from the dashboard, but something tells me it's all one pice (rivited) i.e comes away with the dashboard [:(].
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

you might like to save them as they'll eventually go offline again
nitro74
My Cars:

Post by nitro74 »

I will let you know when I open the instrument panel. I thought it would look really cool in that blank place. the place you are talking about would be good as well if I put the gauge before you I will write here.
good luck
j_roc

Post by j_roc »

Nice one rossnunn, I have got the right pipe. Is that a ZX, because you have a intercooler on the top (looks like one) whereas on the Xant it's at the front. Im just curious. To nitro 74 - do you mean where I am going to place it? Thanks all the same - Alex.
nitro74
My Cars:

Post by nitro74 »

thanx alot rossnunn.
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

for a xantiathere is a pipe from the top of the pump to the black pipe that runs over the engine bay to the intercooler, just use this pipe instead (its exactly the same and does an identical job!
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

no we fitted a boost gauge to my brother 306. I have a vid of it in action here somewhere if you'd like to see it?
j_roc

Post by j_roc »

At last, I have fitted the boost gauge to the Xantia. The location that I used was the flat area between the radio and the steering column. If you choose this area to locate it you will need to remove the panel (7 or so rivets) and the following:-
-The radio
-The instrument binnacle (just to be safe)
-Steering column shrouds
-Central air vents
-Center console (a git to manouvre around the handbrake)
-Under dash carpets
Once the plastic panel has been removed you will need to cut the correct size out of the dashboard (in the same area [|)]). I did take some pictures, so I will have a go to get them here (dont know how but I will have a go). But believe me when the job is finnished it looks the buisness - I went for a gauge that you can change the colours on it (7 different colours, so it's blue on my blue car). And as it is one of the early Xantias (1993 L) I have the 2 spoke steering wheel with radio controls, where the gauge is positioned in the straight ahead position you can see the gauge. Hope this helps you when any of you guy's and girl's give it a go - Alex.