Compression test

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

FrenchLeave
My Cars:

Post by FrenchLeave »

Thank you again, Anders and Kowalski. Italian tune up. Is that where you run it around at high rpm in the intermediates? I recall seeing something about that in the forum. Must do a search and give it a try.
Can't remember what oil I used other than that it was a straight mineral multigrade as recommended in the handbook. It still looks clean but I'll do an oil change with 20/50.
I'll whip the carb off again and check the jets, then if there's no improvement I'll try the treacle that Halfrauds sells to seal leaking valve stems.
I'll eventually come back to report events; in the meantime thank you
all once again.
Derek.
FrenchLeave
My Cars:

Post by FrenchLeave »

Alan, You posted whilst I was composing my last one so I hadn't seen it. Wow! Guess what I'm going to be doing. Thanks mate!
Derek.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

My brother uses some cheap and nasty green gungy hair gel, it's pretty thick stuff. When I was in Focus one day I saw a product on the shelves to stop an engine smoking, it was thick flourescant green jelly that didnt run, it reminded me of the hair gel my brother uses except it didn't run. Personally I wouldn't stick that particular product in my engine unless it was absolutely knackered.
Given the quality of Alan's advice, I'd recommend you follow that first he sounds like he has the t-shirt.