Oh Dear!!!!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

howiedean
My Cars:

Post by howiedean »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by martyhopkirk</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by howiedean</i>

I checked the LHM and it needs changing so I'll see what they charge for this. The fuel filter and air filter will be changed at the same time.Regards
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Would be worth Hydraflushing at that milage. £10 gets a 5L tub which your dad can run for 1200 miles - then change it all again. Ive had mine in for less than 100 miles on the BX - and its bloody disgusting already.
Has it had spheres / fluid changes by anyone in the past?
If your dad gets stuck Im not a zillion miles away (near the Brig) and usually have a few bits floating about.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
It's not got a FSH however there were a few recent Citroen servicng reciepts (WOW they know how to charge). The ride at the moment is good. I think the accumulator is perhaps on it's way out as the STOP light goes out fairly quickly and the LHM is a yellowie green colour.
I was suprised at how responsive the 90BHP is and it is also slighty lower geared than the 110BHP. I know this one is chipped but it is better than the 110BHP in mine.[:(] I drove it back from Leeds and it is absolutely spot on.
I'll pass the info on to the old man and hopefully he won't need to take you up on your offer.[;)]
Thanks
howiedean
My Cars:

Post by howiedean »

A quick update as it has had:
Cam belt
fuel + air filters
oil and filter
LHM
gearbox oil
The bad thing is he's not had the bill yet but I feel much happier now the cam belts been done (104000 miles on it [}:)]).
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by martyhopkirk</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by howiedean</i>

I checked the LHM and it needs changing so I'll see what they charge for this. The fuel filter and air filter will be changed at the same time.Regards
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Would be worth Hydraflushing at that milage. £10 gets a 5L tub which your dad can run for 1200 miles - then change it all again. Ive had mine in for less than 100 miles on the BX - and its bloody disgusting already.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Any wonder considering the state of the LHM in your BX, it was minging![:0]
howiedean
My Cars:

Post by howiedean »

I've attached a photo of our two Xantia's
Regards