What's wrong with people?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

j_roc

Post by j_roc »

It's most likley the local paperboy on his BMX, think about it - he, or she (not being sexist) walkes up your garden 6 days a week so is bound to take notice of the regular things in your garden, house and the CAR. Have a look at the bike they are on and come back and tell us the results. Nicking valve caps dont bother me to much, its when they nick the badges with a screwdriver and leave a nice deep scratch on your paintwork. Cheers you bunch of di*ks [:(!] (the badge nickers, not you lot).
FrenchLeave
My Cars:

Post by FrenchLeave »

Last week my missus parked her ZX in an official pay as you go carpark. When she came back somebody had kindly kicked in the rear nearside door. I would rather they had pinched the valve caps.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Ooeerr.. [:I] I should have kept my mouth shut!! Noticed this morning that my ZX has a vertical dent in the offside passenger door, some careless twit has hit it with the edge of their door.. Awww [}:)] [V]
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

This type of thing where people do not take care when opening their car door, and end up damaging a car next to them is one of the most frustrating things, and tends to take place in car parks. If car park spaces were marked out to give sufficient room to allow enough space between each parked car it would give most people a more reasonable amount of room to get in, and out of their car.
So, although I consider the driver or passenger that opens their door without enough due care, and attention are to blame for the damage they cause, the car park owner (in most cases a supermarket) is also to blame. The thing is not all spaces are always used, so there is extra space to allow them to do this. If they were to keep the customer happy by allowing them to come back to an undamaged car then the customer will return, and not choose to go to a competitor or park in the street.
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

I always try to park at the furthest point from the store entrance, that way I'm well away from all the lazy bastards who would rather drive round for 10 minutes looking for a space than walk across the car park, exactly the type of people who wouldn't give a damn when swinging their doors open.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Kids seem to be worst for it, they just swing the doors open and give the car next to them a good clout.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kowalski</i>

Kids seem to be worst for it, they just swing the doors open and give the car next to them a good clout.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Trell me about it! My kids slam the Xant doors so hard I'm surprised the glass doesn't shatter and it really niggles me. They only need a light pull. When I asked them whyn they first said that it was being used to the 205 GTi doors (even lighter and easier than the Xant) and then admitted it was because of their Mum's Dagenham Dustbin Focus Driving School car. I checked and yes, indeed they're dead right - for some reason you need to be a championship weight lifter to close the doors obn hers. I'm training them now. "Right Kids, you're now in the Xant/205 (delete as appropriate) and what must you not do?"
"Slam the doors Dad!"
To be fair they are always very careful getting out next to other cars.
Active8, you know, if the supermarkets make the spaces bigger, and I agree they can without any loss, it'll just encourage the very drivers you are trying to avoid park even sloppier (i.e. 45 degrees across a bay). I find the big problem in any car park is a good 75% of folk have no care (or clue)in parking whatsoever.
FrenchLeave
My Cars:

Post by FrenchLeave »

One advantage of having a disabled badge (two new knees) is that you usually have plenty of space either side in supermarket car parks - provided you can find a parking place.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by FrenchLeave</i>

One advantage of having a disabled badge ... provided you can find a parking place.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yep - number of non blue badge cars littering disabled spots is very very irritating.
born2die
My Cars:

Post by born2die »

not only that but mother and baby bays the smae as disabled they give you plenty of room either side but the amount of times I have had to stop the other half from clouting a lazy ********* without kids or there child is 20 who cant be arsed to walk a few extra feet is unreal and some of the parkink is silly. I have seen so far this week some one who parked in one of these bays miss the bay and park 5 from the car next to theres a 45 degree mess and several other similar things so even if you do give them the room they will still park as close as humanly possible to the car next door.
What is funny though is if the twonk next to me insists on parking so close to the next car the driver passenger cant get in/out and if I am in a bad mood I will let my passengers out then park as close as possible stand back and watch the fun.
Johnno
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: C5 2.2 VTR + Nav 173
Mazda 6 2.2 Sports Nav Estate
Jaguar 3.8 MkII 1961
Ex 2007 C5 2.2 Estate
Ex 2003 C5 2.2 Estate
Ex Xantia 2.1 TD Exclusive
Ex BX 1.7 DTR
Ex BX 1.9 TRS

Post by Johnno »

What I want to know is, why are all car park spaces in this country at right angles to the entrance road? The simple expedient of placing them at an angle means easy access and egress and, if they are designed correctly, door to door contact in minimised. The number of time I have found that the only realistic way of getting into a space with only one "bite" is to reverse in! Oh, and don't get me started on the 4x4 issue.
As for thieves, the attitude is all too often "they've got insurance, so no-one loses". Sure - apart from the irreplaceable sense of security and trust. Locks only stop the honest thief. As my old man used to say, "some people would steal the reins of a nightmare".
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

I agree with the fact that if the parking bays were at an angle, then maybe it would make it easier, for those who find the type which is set at a right angle to the roadway too difficult to get into, proven by the fact they are all over the place in relation to the lines.
Also if the idea of a kerb at the end of the bay, the type that projects out before the real pavement, and is were you drive up to, and contact with the car tyres. If the idea was expanded so that each bay had these at the side so that the T***S who can't align their car correctly, and disregard the very clear lines for each bay, surely can't fail to notice a projecting brightly painted surface, which has the sole purpose of ensuring correct alignment. Also with sufficient space between the bays then damage to other cars could be avoided.
Stempy
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

And why is it that if I drive into an empty car park, it doesn't matter where I put the car, there's always some tit who, with a hundred spaces to choose from, will park right along side?
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Herd mentality, its because some people don't want to stand out / be alone, there's safety in numbers.
I find it easier to park if I've got a reference point, my worst parking happens when I'm the only car there.
Stempy
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

baaaa!