strut top update

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

richiesxantia
My Cars:

Post by richiesxantia »

for your info, scrappys sell for 50-70 quid for a pair of complete struts without spheres.
closest to me is 100 miles away...
GSF only supply the hydractive struts...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

RP No is usuly around inner wing susp mounting,it is stenciled on,allthough saying that im not sure about late xants but i gather on some of the later citroens have its on tyre presure lable in door shut regards malcolm
richiesxantia
My Cars:

Post by richiesxantia »

thanks malcom and all -
I picked up a pair at a scrappy for 30 quid in the end - I am a cheapskate really. A bit of surface rust, but not puff pastry like mine!
I'm thinking of removing the rubber/plastic coating and rust treating and painting the metal surfaces before replacing - athough the bonded rubber coating seems to be a continuation of the rubber on the inside of the strut...
Not sure if this is a good idea, but I can't get to some of the surface rust otherwise, and it will just be a moisture trap if left as it is - any opinions on this?
cheers,
Richie
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

not such a good idea as the bonded rubber on out side and inside is all ment to be one peice with the big lump of rubber,which is what stops road noise transmiting up through the car,so onece the thin skin of rubber has come away there wont be much holing it all together regards malcolm