Near side wheel bearing keeps failing

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

If this were my car (and I have to say, given the problems you're having, I'm glad it isn't!) I would find another Activa in a scrappers, and have the entire suspension leg out of it. The whole thing. Thats strut, cylinder, carrier, bearing, hub, caliper, lower track arm, bushes, the lot, and swap it over. If the problem persists, then it HAS to be a body/subframe misalignment problem. At that point you sell the car, and give up!
basil40

Post by basil40 »

think right now I'm just looking to replace the hub carrier. Problem might be finding a scrapper, if anybody knows then let me know - activav6 might have some somewhere. But surely, the Cit garage have fialed again - shouldn't it be now just a case of asking for my money back under the consumer protection rights act?
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

Or even just under warranty? every new part comes with a statutory 12 month warranty.
basil40

Post by basil40 »

OK - got cat back from CIT dealer - Guess what?? they changed the drive shaft from the small dia to thicker - equivlent to off side - dia. They've put a new bearing in by the looks of it too. The immediate differnce is that the bearing running out of true sound has gone. IF anyone has or had and Activa - can you have a look at the drive shaft dia to see if they are the same - would be very much appreciated.