Come on guys.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

This forum, in addition to the BX club are still top of my favourites, I missed the troll attack but gentlemen we are made of sterner stuff than this, we have absolutely no fear, we drive Citroens[:D]
Keep on with the sensible, helpful and hopefully occasionally humorous postings, I feel that I am amongst like minded friends here and long may we continue.
Stewart[:)]
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

I frequent a certain motorcycle based forum and thats been the victom of some serious 'trolling' and in fact a couple of site hacks and hijacks. Its still humming along with plenty of top people and dilligent moderators . I think this is the key, good and vigilant moderators and keen and knowledgeable posters/users. Im glad to say this forum has both. long may it prosper.
howiedean
My Cars:

Post by howiedean »

The reason I've got my Citroens is because of this Forum[:D]
It's all been said before but there are some cracking characters on the forum. Everyone chill and be happy[:o)]
Regards
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by howiedean</i>

The reason I've got my Citroens is because of this Forum[:D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Same here - bought my first Cit a couple of years or three back. Now Im hooked. If it hadnt been for the warmth and insanity of this place, well who knows I would probably be back running Fords.
Anyway - the support off the vast majority of forum users is reassuring and great. Lets move on from this rather unfortunate incident.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

I must have missed the offending post, having been on a training course on our new 'customer management system' (snore,snore....) but I get the gist of it, apparently it involved bigotry of some kind............something I DON'T like, spending a lot of beer drinking time in Leyton and Walthamstow in East London, where you swill beer down with every race and creed under the sun.
There was a similar row going on about trolling on the society for popular astronomy forum ( a BX is very good for hauling fragile optical equipment to dark sky sites...) where someone was desperatly trying to link his supposed TT riding experiences with building Newtonian reflectors, the connection just wasn't there...
This is probably one of the , if not THE best, automotive related forums on the web. Best to keep it that way.......
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Post by demag »

Come On Lads!
Stiff Upper Lip and all that!
Oops..........................Sorry!
That's English isn't it! [;)][:I]
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Just to spoil matters with a sense of proportion, we have
3,801 posting members and less than a dozen maniacs, (Most of which have been carted off to BXclub already.) That is a remarkable record and a tribute to the mods and admin guys. Well below the twit rate of any other community I know. The longer you are out there, the greater the risk. The more popular you become, the more likely this is to happen because you become victims of your own success. This sort of problem is virtually unavoidable but our good people here make the difference. Thank you Jon, Marty, Alan etc.
You are assured of my full support.
rbruce1314
My Cars:

Post by rbruce1314 »

Agreed- I log on at least once a day and even I missed the 'happenings'.so removal must have been incredibly speedy. well done indeed Jon and the rest.
Gregg1100
My Cars:

Post by Gregg1100 »

<font color="blue"><font size="2"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Hi All,
I missed goings on too. I have not posted for a while, holidays, and because car is behaving now ( famous last word---touch wood ), but enter site daily. I am thinking about selling my 16v VSX Xant, while is is ok, but going back to a Volvo. I will still have my Xant TD, so won`t be leaving this excellent site , with all it`s friendly guys and great mods, for a good while to come. Thanks for your help, I will try to help when I can.
Regards to All
Greg</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size2"></font id="blue">