Lasertec Manuals

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ghostrider
My Cars:

Lasertec Manuals

Post by ghostrider »

Well after a week it finally arrived today, Is It any good, I don't know is the simple answer[xx(][xx(][xx(].
At no time have I seen a "system requirements " list, I did not have a DVD drive on my PC, more expense[:(][:(][xx(]
Got that working only to find that it didn't install properly and my subscription number does not let me onto the help site[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]
Finally it has F*****D the registry on the PC as well, fortunately I use a Mac for anything important[8D][8D] so I now await a reply to a fairly incandescent e-mail that I've sent them[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
all told my aircon has cost me getting on for ?750 in parts and incidentals like those Lasertecs, and it still don't work [xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(]
This may be the final nail in the Cit coffin as far as I'm concerned
Pete
________
DESIGN HOST
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Out of curiosity I had a look at what may be their website and this is what I found:
"Electronic catalogue CITROEN LASER contains the full information on all automobiles of firm, including new models 2004. The program occupies 1 DVD + 1 CD, supports some languages. The catalogue Citroen LaserTec contains the information on details, íîðìî-hours, repair, service and diagnostics, including ALL electrocircuits, there is a work on VIN or on model, decoding of each position VIN. The program is whimsical enough in installation (because of drivers of very known firm), therefore it is more preferable to put it on clean (Windows+Office) a computer.
The price-list is on a INSTALL CD - he can be connected to the program.
As on a disk there is a training program on work with program Citroen Laser Tec."
Jeremy
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

Apart from Sage & Acrobat reader that is all that is on my PC, the windows installation is about 2 weeks old no S pack 2 no anti virus,anti spyware in fact no non windows utilities at all, one advantage of having no internet connection for this machine [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]. Whimsical, don't give me whimsiacal [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]
As Vanny's signature says"play a Microsoft CD backwards and you get demonic voices, worse play it forwards and it installs windows!" But in this case I don't think MS is to blame.
Pete
________
Clear Trichomes
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 06:07, edited 1 time in total.
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

did you get it from Citroen? or did you pick up the nice dodgy russian version for £175? Having used the online lasertec system (the pay as you go citroen one) its a bit naff and NOT what is on the CD! Hope you have more look and i'll be intrigued to see how you get on with it!
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

Yup bought mine direct from Lasertec at 107 euros + what ever sections I want unlocked for the Xantia which is about aanother 70 Euros for all sections, the BX info is free to purchasers of the DVD.
The samples I downloaded were very similar to my official workshop manual for the CX, split into 3 sections Specs and testing, Removal & refitiing, repair and refurb. Plus parts lists & prices.
It should be good but if I can't get it to work no use at all [:(] [:(] [:(] [:(] . Mind you my PC knowledge is strongest when using DOS 3.3 [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] or Windows 0.9 beta (Am I Old you ask? I learnt Algol, Fortran & more up to date, Assembler) [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]
Pete
________
Business Overhead Expense Disability Insurance Forum
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 06:07, edited 1 time in total.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Have a poke around here, as I understand there are a few other things attached associated with the Xantia.
I'm on a mega slow dial up so don't have the time to go really investigation what's there, I'm going on what others have told me.
http://e.nn.cl/Fotos/Autos/Casimiro/tec ... ission.doc
Hope this is some help.
Alan S
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

Well guys here's the update,
At the moment I would say DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT, I have e-mailed the support team every day for a week now and apart from the initial response I have heard nothing, I have tried everything to install the program, but nothing works, so now my only hope is if a refund is available through my credit card company as the manual was bought with a card, my suspicion is that a) Credit card purchases have to be over £100 and b)As the company is outside the UK it probably isn't covered anyway.
They seemed like a genuine company but maybe the whole thing is nothing but a giant scam, I am unclear of their relationship with Citroen themselves, but whatever I think that they may take a pretty dim view of people being ripped off by a company that claims to market official Citroen data, mind you my few dealings with Citroen with respect to brand new cars and after sales service, leads me to think that as they don't give a T*** about people who have spent 000's on their cars it is unlikely that they would be any help
Pete