lower ball joint nut - what am i doing wrong ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

roypch

Post by roypch »

hi guys
I had a go at the clutch lever arm again - using my hand to move it back and forth. It stays together as if welded !. then I put the clutch cable back and tried using clutch pedal from driver seat hoping that the force will release the clutch lever from the pivot shaft as there is no PIN holding it together. no luck there. what is wrong with this thing ?
Malcolm and Kowalski - I am going to give lower arm another go tomorrow morning. so far no luck
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

you could try lift arm up as far as it will go,put an open ended spanner under it around spndle or someting like,then knock spindle down a little bit,if more than a little you might bend or brake fork finngers regards malcolm
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Just a thought but if the threaded part of the ball joint was turning it has to be free doesn't it? At least it has to have less resistance to turning than the nut that was on the end of it.
roypch

Post by roypch »

thanks for that Kowalski !
yes it was turning with the nut - then i jacked up the lower arm in order to lock it as suggested in earlier posts and then unwound the nut. so nut is now free - just hand tightened in place.
As suggested, I am going to have a go at raising the body a bit with a piece of wood under the disc and then hammering the arm down a bit to free it.
this and seized clutch lever is making my clutch change diy job a memorable experience - who knows may be there more problems in the waiting :-(
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

no no dont raise body,with susp de/presurised put jack where i said,all it dose is compreses ram in strut no enough to lift body then dont hit arm down hit front or back of eye in arm along side swivle pin with out hitting swivel pin regards malcolm