emails

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

It is available in the UK-most homebrew shops stock it!!
I'll give it a try, but I must say that homebrew is never quite the same as the real thing. Youngs do well regarded kits of their own beers in this country, Youngs bitters are wonderful but the kits are never <i>quite</i> the same as the real thing.
As for Guinness, thats a truly ghastly chemical concoction, that along with Newcastle Brown has no business being called a beer!!!
I mean, its pumped by CO2 and is served at near freezing temperature-yuk!!They did try to produce a Guinness Bitter, but it was as chemically as the stouts and is now only found in bars for youngsters where they know no better. Most Paddies I know tend to swill Lager rather than Guinness anyway,-Guinness is mainly aimed at the "young metropolitans" with dreadfully trendy advertising.
Something the rest of the world has still to grasp- Beer only tastes good at room temperature!! Although, I must admit, I am rather partial to Belgian fruit beers, but not at UK prices!!!!
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Alan, I think that you'd better have a word with John W on his return. He was not the least bit offended by our beer!
rbruce1314
My Cars:

Post by rbruce1314 »

can't we have some agreement: the poms can't do barbies, the aussies can't do beer[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rbruce1314</i>

can't we have some agreement: the poms can't do barbies, the aussies can't do beer[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Those fruit beers are alright for a couple of sips but I think they get a bit sickly if you have a full pint.
Out of interest where does the word 'pom' come from? Ive always wondered.. 'person of the motherland'?[;)][:D]
Cheers
Paul
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by drpau</i>Out of interest where does the word 'pom' come from? Ive always wondered.. 'person of the motherland'?[;)][:D]
Cheers
Paul
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pom
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Either comes from 'prisoner of mother England' or pomigranite - a reddish coloured fruit that native Australians (Aboriginals) thought had a similar colour to the skin of sunburnt Brits.
Not meant to be an insult (as some English think for some reason), merely a nickname for our less-tanned former rulers. Nicknaming everything is very Australian.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
[:D][:D]
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

My boss at work is from New Zealand. Her job title is Programme Office Manager which pleases her not at all from an acronym point of view!
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

Very enlightening, thanks for that Ross [:)]