Temporary loss of power, Peugeot 406

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Pugsulike
My Cars:

Post by Pugsulike »

Hi,
Thanks again for the ideas. Yes, Stubbsy, I was hoping that they could have been more specific, especially as the fault was 'active' at the time they tested the car. Furthermore, at no time have they mentioned Powerlee's comment about "Limp home mode" as the reason for the lack of performance. I would find it useful if the technicians (personally, I much prefer the word 'mechanic') told me a little about what was happening to my car. After all, if you pay someone £80.00 an hour, I don't think that a little feedback is too much to ask.
Anyway, following on from some of your ideas, I decided to pull apart and rejoin some of the sensors. Hey Presto! The car's performance returned and, a few hours later, the warning light/message disappeared.
Logic seems to point to a poor contact on a connector, but I guess I will wait a little longer to see if the fault re-occurs before I get too optimistic.
Watch this space??????
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Hi
Limp home mode SHOULD be mentioned in the cars handbook, I would be very surprised if it isn't.
Poor electrical contacts on Peugeot wiring isn't a surprise either, They have been doing that for at least 15 years.