Towing a car

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

adamskibx
My Cars:

Post by adamskibx »

Ive had some interesting towing experiences-The way me and my Dyane left Uni in the first year was on a trailer with all my stuff in the car-Basically it failed its MOT rather badly, the valve timing had been knocked out by me tightening the cylinder head rocker covers too much so I just thought the engine had worn out at the time and there was no way i could afford to fix it- My friend borrowed his bosses Landrover to tow me back- A G reg deisel- The exhaust dropped off, it overheated and spent 2 weeks in the garage afterwards! It must have been a bad example as these things are made to cross deserts. Ive also been towed on a tow rope in my GS for 90 miles along 3 different motorways- The BX 14 St Tropez coped fine but 10 minutes felt like 5 hours due to the concentration level required in keepin the rope torte, checking the engine was running etc (for the brakes) It just seemed more legal than driving it on its own at the time but in reality it was a lot more dangerous- Towards the we had to separate as we got severe fog and the wipers were rubbish too! I definately needed a strong drink after that drive!