Xantia V6 Exclusive - Should I ??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stempy</i>

Yes, regular maintainence is the key to longevity, but remember that if your exhaust drops off like mine has just done the Citroen replacement is £411 plus fitting, so if someone can tell me where to get a pattern part, I've yet to find anyone who does them. Don't half sound nice though.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hi tempy
I got the full exhaust from behind the cat for 112GBP + fitting kit _VAt - about 160GBP all in. From 0000000000 I recall - haven't checked GSF. Worth a view mouse clicks.
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Sounds good but can't find 00000000000 anywhere!
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stempy</i>

Sounds good but can't find 00000000000 anywhere!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
must be down on the competition - phonetically echo uniform romeo oscar charlie alpha romeo papa alpha romeo tango sierra dot com
JohnM
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

Indeed GSF does not even quote a part number for this exhaust system, perhaps this is what gives the impression that parts are hard to source and people think they have to go to main dealer.
Have a look on the web for Timax exhausts - you can buy online. If the filter on this site is going to preclude other well known parts suppliers so be it but the info will spread in some way so we can continue to run these cars.
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

ive talked to people at GSF and the eneral feeling is that they wont support the V6 as it was such a rare car, thats partly why i set up www.activanet.co.uk it also suports the V6 so there was someware to get help over the last few months though alot of V6's seem to have turned up on this forum... it would be great if GSF would start selling parts other whise we will have to go else ware for these componants.
I know of a stainless steel exaust going for sale fore £200 if any one is interetsted.
Andy
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

I was quoted £480 by Quicksilver for a stainless system from the cat back, comes with a 25 year guarantee though. I'll take a look at the you know where site, though a stainless system for £200 sounds tempting I have to say.